Dundee United 2018/2019

6 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Why the f**k won't the team fight for anything. Looked like they were just going through the motions tonight. 

Had a chance to go top ffs and never strung more than a couple of passes together. 

Looked like rabbits in headlights. 

I came on to post something similar.

I’m really pissed off at the moment; all this talk about club restructuring and a fucking statue and we cannot even get the basics right.

As cliched as it sounds the problem wasn’t the defeat last night it was the nature of the defeat.  Mistakes in the line up by a manager who should know better and terrible tactics.  No one on the park showing leadership, a problem we have struggled with for years.

There is absolutely no desire in the team and that is going to cost us.

Guest DAVIDB69
Im just gonna throw this out there now so you are more than welcome to bookmark it

Robbie Neilson isnt the man to get us promoted

I don’t think he is either , we are still on this tombola type signing policy.

Short term people who don’t seem to care and there is no structure to the club, we ship a bundle of players in and out , hope some are a success most are fairly substandard .

We seem to have been at this for the best part of 4 seasons now

8 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Im just gonna throw this out there now so you are more than welcome to bookmark it

Not this season, next season, who knows.

10 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

I don’t get the tactics.  Once again last night Safranko was isolated and starved of service.  How the f**k can Neilson not see this?

I think we have a decent squad now, they are just not being deployed properly.

Neilson went on after the Alloa game about bringing in better quality.  Of the players he’s brought in I think it’s debatable that they’re any better than those they’ve replaced.

Heard Billy King is away next week btw

Edited by Loemba90

9 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Why the f**k won't the team fight for anything. Looked like they were just going through the motions tonight. 

Had a chance to go top ffs and never strung more than a couple of passes together. 

Looked like rabbits in headlights. 

Pretty sure whenever we’ve had the chance to go top over the last four years we’ve lost every game. Different players, different managers but nothing seems to change on the pitch.

I don’t get the tactics.  Once again last night Safranko was isolated and starved of service.  How the f**k can Neilson not see this?
I think we have a decent squad now, they are just not being deployed properly.

Up against a team who were low in confidence and had been turned over by a fuckin junior team, we shouldve been swarming all over them in the first 10 mins. Press them high and let them make mistakes especially in those conditions. Instead, we sat in and let them play out from the back under almost zero pressure on the ball. Why we keep playing long high balls to a lone striker is a mystery especially as the 3 players in behind him were about 30 yards deeper. Another thing, it was blowing a hurricane last night and we have a centre half who can launch throw ins into the opponents 6 yard box. How many times did we utilise this, once maybe? I dont care if you are fuckin Barcelona or Real Madrid, there isnt a team on the planet that enjoys defending relentess balls into the box