Dundee United 2018/2019

Linked with ex Hearts striker Nikolay Todorov...

Best known for never actually playing a first team game for Hearts. Loan spells at Cowdenbeath, Livingston and QOTS. Most recently turned out for an amateur side in Italy.

14 career goals in 79 games.

He sounds fucking dreadful.

18 minutes ago, Ralphies_Chip said:

Best known for never actually playing a first team game for Hearts. Loan spells at Cowdenbeath, Livingston and QOTS. Most recently turned out for an amateur side in Italy.

He also helped Livi get promoted last year. Only 22 years old so to have played 79 senior games isn't an awful indictment of the players calibre.

Also he's currently playing for Serie C side in Italy. Not sure if they are "amateurs". 

Edited by ArabianKnight

4 hours ago, GFARAB82 said:

Rumour has it we are in for Blair Henderson striker at Edinburgh City is this good ? Scoring a lot but that’s league 2 ?

I’ve decided to stop listening to rumours and to start them instead.

Coutinho is definitely not happy at Barca.  It’s just not working out for him.

If Blair Henderson does leave Edinburgh City (which he probably won't), it will probably be to someone like Raith Rovers or maybe even Partick Thistle, can't see us being interested in taking a gamble on a league 2 striker. I would again like to remind people this is the league where Sean Dillon got voted Player of the Year.

Todorov could be a decent option from the bench in that he's quite similar to Safranko with his build and his attributes. He bodied us in Livi's 2-0 win last season, playing centre back and striker in the same match and looking comfortable while doing so. I'd take him, even if his goalscoring record isn't great.

6 hours ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

I'm looking forward to the cup tie, give us a chance to see where we really are against one of the poorer premiership sides, no use looking forward to playing in the big league this coming season if we struggle against weak Maureen's .

Our manager has cleared the decks he has moved on 16 players since coming through the door we now only have one Stubbs signing at the club. His rebuilding programme is well under way the new players brought in by Oran are miles better than what he had. There is still up to three more to come in we are told. I fully expect a much better second half to the season. On the cup game you are never sure a one off any team can win I'm just glad it's in Paisley. 

Rumours are he is signing, would happy enough for the young lad to be option off the bench.

Apparently he’s already played two friendlies for us recently

Tony Asghar spoke at the fans meeting to say that the club will obviously be looking at long-term talent like Harkes but that they need to make two or three 'tactical' signings to get us out of the league. He pointed to Gomis as being one of those. A good, experienced pro who still has quality but will probably not be on the list of players we would use in the top flight if we get there. I think Todorov probably falls into that category. I'm assuming it would only be a 6 or 12 month deal to offer us some cover for Safranko and Clark (which Neilson has spoken about). 

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Tony Asghar spoke at the fans meeting to say that the club will obviously be looking at long-term talent like Harkes but that they need to make two or three 'tactical' signings to get us out of the league. He pointed to Gomis as being one of those. A good, experienced pro who still has quality but will probably not be on the list of players we would use in the top flight if we get there. I think Todorov probably falls into that category. I'm assuming it would only be a 6 or 12 month deal to offer us some cover for Safranko and Clark (which Neilson has spoken about). 

stumigoo, what are your thoughts impressions of Tony Ashgar? Did he sound trustworthy, and did you get a feeling of confidence from listening to him?

7 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

stumigoo, what are your thoughts impressions of Tony Ashgar? Did he sound trustworthy, and did you get a feeling of confidence from listening to him?

He spoke very well and was very honest about the recruitment plans for the short-term. Neilson also spoke highly of him and they know each other which is hopefully quite positive. Even if he does a half-decent job it is a role within the club that we have needed for quite some time.