Dundee United 2018/2019

After his last couple of performances I wondered if Fyvies injuries had got the better of him as he has been woeful and miles of the pace. If we are still looking at midfield options then that may well turn out to be the case. At the very least he looks like he needs taking out of the team and perhaps given a mini pre-season in order to get him back to his best but up until now that simply hasn't been an option due to the incredibly poor options available to replace him.

33 minutes ago, BinosCammy said:

Archie Thomas has just joined us on loan from you guys, any comments 

Hasn't really featured for the first team but looked half decent for the reserves. Needs games. Big lad, looks like he wants to get involved in the game. Remains to be seen whether he's any good.

Just my opinion: Fyvie was always a lad who struggled with his weight/body mass.

He needs matches to get fit, rather than matches where he has to carry the team and cover the poor defenders, but that, coupled with his previous acl injuries and his fear of further injury, limits his obvious ability.

Said at the time it was a mistake to give him a two year contract, and an error by some fans to pin so much hope on his recovery. The weight of expectation, and his body unfortunately, has counted against him.

Probably needs less pressure on him, so if the reserves actually played every week that would be ideal. But the football authorities have fucked that one up as well.

He needs a rest think it’s all caught up with him a few weeks on bench would do him a world of good I think

Some players react better to pressure, some players need to be playing all the time, some players need a cuddle when things aren't right while others need a kick in the arse..........we can speculate via keyboard all day but I trust Neilson to work out what's best treatment for the player involved.

2 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

What does Fyvie need then?

Games to sharpen up?
1/2 games out & rest / heal, mini pre season?

Without knowing all the details all we can do is speculate (mind you we’re pretty good at that :lol:).

There is definitely an issue and I hope the club recognise that, identify what the issue is and take appropriate action.  Just letting the problem continue is the one thing they shouldn’t be doing.

A fully fit Fyvie is probably our most influential player and, along with Safranko, one of our two best players.  Sadly he’s bordering on being a liability at the moment.

1 hour ago, Spanish Armada said:

Declan glass?Anyone know anything about him?

Very promising young player. Played in the League Cup earlier this season and was one of the few bright sparks. Has a tendency to over do it when the easy ball might be the better option but that's likely just down to a lack of experience. A loan move should be good for everyone involved.