Dundee United 2018/2019

58 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

We'll see. From the outside looking in, I think you're doing by far the best business. Obviously I've not seen many of your games. 

Tbf we're due by the law of averages at least one January window where we don't bring in a bunch of absolute haddies.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Tbf we're due by the law of averages at least one January window where we don't bring in a bunch of absolute haddies.

The law of averages is a false belief, sometimes known as the 'gambler's fallacy,'. :(

Mate at the meeting tonight says it was all positive.  Neilson was also there.

Merger and groundshare both emphatically shot down.

Everyone at the meeting was told to keep things under wraps until their press day tomorrow to give them a chance to say things directly so glad to see that lasted long!

What I will say is that the meeting was indeed very positive and the entire new regime was there including Sporting Director, Managing Director and Neilson. If anything that was said tonight gets missed tomorrow at the press conference I can fill in the blanks.

7 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Everyone at the meeting was told to keep things under wraps until their press day tomorrow to give them a chance to say things directly so glad to see that lasted long!

What I will say is that the meeting was indeed very positive and the entire new regime was there including Sporting Director, Managing Director and Neilson. If anything that was said tonight gets missed tomorrow at the press conference I can fill in the blanks.

Get it spilled, we're not at war.

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

^^^^ this is what happens when you have a hand picked unanswerable elite involved in the decision making process.

9 hours ago, Loemba90 said:

Mate at the meeting tonight says it was all positive.  Neilson was also there.

Merger and groundshare both completely dismissed 

Just out of interest, why is dismissal of a groundshare positive? 

Such an agreement might allow us the financial freedom needed to bring in superior players...

Such an agreement might allow us the financial freedom needed to bring in superior players...

We wouldn’t own our own ground and that could limit our financial freedom depending on the terms of the lease agreement.

1 hour ago, arab_joe said:

How much does it cost for the upkeep of Tannadice compared to what it would cost for a new stadium? Genuine question. There must be figures out there somewhere for a rough idea.

Where would we get the cash from?

So wed end up having a 100 year lease with either the council or a private company and therefor just be tenants. So any events happening wouldnt raise a penny for us. So wheres the benefit?

Id imagine any new stadium would be about the same capacity as Tannadice and Dens or smaller. Say 12000ish. Neither team can fill what they have now and probably only ever do during derbies and OF games.

It would likely be a boring, soulless generi-kit style stadium as that would keep the cost down. Would  more likely be at the Camperdown site or even further outside the centre. Away from pubs and all that stuff and possibly be more difficult for some folk to get to.

Im not really in favour of a new stadium as i quite like Tannadice. Dosent seem much wrong with it from what i see and its got a bit of character imo. A ground share would be coming more from that lot accross the road as that thing is falling down as we speak. So feck them.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

23 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

We wouldn’t own our own ground and that could limit our financial freedom depending on the terms of the lease agreement.

I guess without further investigation/knowing the terms available it is impossible to really say whether it is a positive or negative.  However, in my eyes, nothing should be left off the table and I am a little disappointed if the Chairman would not want to even investigate the possibility of a groundshare. 

16 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

How much does it cost for the upkeep of Tannadice compared to what it would cost for a new stadium? Genuine question. There must be figures out there somewhere for a rough idea.

Where would we get the cash from?

So wed end up having a 100 year lease with either the council or a private company and therefor just be tenants. So any events happening wouldnt raise a penny for us. So wheres the benefit?

Id imagine any new stadium would be about the same capacity as Tannadice and Dens or smaller. Say 12000ish. Neither team can fill what they have now and probably only ever do during derbies and OF games.

It would likely be a boring, soulless generi-kit style stadium as that would keep the cost down. Would  more likely be at the Camperdown site or even further outside the centre. Away from pubs and all that stuff and possibly be more difficult for some folk to get to.

Im not really in favour of a new stadium as i quite like Tannadice. Dosent seem much wrong with it from what i see and its got a bit of character imo. A ground share would be coming more from that lot accross the road as that thing is falling down as we speak. So feck them.

Would a groundshare need a new stadium?  Could Tannadice not be upgraded?