Dundee United 2018/2019

9 hours ago, Loemba90 said:

So rumours are...Gomis, Pawlett, Harkes, Nesbitt

2 of those 4 in tomorrow is my guess

I don't think Gomis is an actual rumour, just some people being wistful.

Edit: I see that the Gomis thing is reported in the Sun so I suppose that counts as an actual rumour. Dearie me. 

2nd Edit: Having said that, he's presumably still better than Barton, Rubbish and Murdoch in that position so I suppose it would be an upgrade however minimal. I'd rather we signed some players who are actually good though, rather than simply less bad.

Edited by Pull My Strings

54 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not exactly United related, but if the ‘Gauld to Hibs’ rumour is true then it will be a sad reflection of how the lad’s career has gone.

ETA this:

Best away game ive ever been to outside of the two winning cup finals. We utterly tea bagged them.

11 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Son of John Harkes, as in the one who played for that decent Sheffield Wednesday team in the early 90s?

I thought of him when I saw him first mentioned. Turns out it is. If he’s half as good as his dad that could be a decent signing! 

3 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Best away game ive ever been to outside of the two winning cup finals. We utterly tea bagged them.

Maybe not as enjoyable as the cup wins but a better performance; we were unstoppable that game.

I remember Stuart McCall saying it was the best performance by an away team he had seen during his time as Motherwell manager.

I'm not overly enthused at the prospect of Gomis coming back, although as others have said he may still be better cover than a few we already have. He doesn't appear to have played for nearly a year though. I keep getting 'Nam-style flashbacks of a 3-0 roasting at St Johnstone where a then 5 years younger Gomis made Paddy Cregg look like Lothar Matthaus. 

As for the others, I will reserve judgement until at least half time in their first match. The American lad seems an interesting one.

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

With you signing Nesbitt are McMullan or Aird on there way out? 

Different position bud they are wingers he is a no 10 but some sections of our support would happily take them going, I personally think they aren’t as bad as made out and could do a job 

Edited by GFARAB82

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

With you signing Nesbitt are McMullan or Aird on there way out? 

We'll definitely keep Aird and I would like to see McMullan stay as he was playing well earlier this season.

King and Loemba hopefully to go.