Dundee United 2018/2019

Morally - he probably raped a girl and has shown no contrition whatsoever and has continually lied and obstructed investigations into what happened to save his own skin. Unfortunately when people like him do this not only is there the one victim but the countless other victims as impressionable young lads continue to draw a distinction between "alleyway rape" and "incapable of giving consent rape". As you say football clubs don't have to, and never do, exercise any moral judgement in these situations but I would rather not contribute towards his wages.
Football wise - he was shite last time.

Good post, straight to the point. I was on the fence to begin with on the rights and wrongs of signing someone with his history but now after good points made I'm definitely in the "end of a barge poll" brigade.

8 hours ago, arab_joe said:

Goodwillie was never convicted of raping anyone, and therefore there was no "crime".  

He was never convicted of anything.  He lost a civil case.

For anyone interested, I would recommend reading the judgment:

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=d22e28a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

From the judgement you posted:

Having carefully examined and scrutinised the whole evidence in the case, I find the evidence for the pursuer to be cogent, persuasive and compelling.  In the result, therefore, I find that in the early hours of Sunday 2 January 2011, at the flat in Greig Crescent, Armadale, both defenders took advantage of the pursuer when she was vulnerable through an excessive intake of alcohol and, because her cognitive functioning and decision‑making processes were so impaired, was incapable of giving meaningful consent; and that they each raped her.

So in a civil case, a Court of Session Judge, upon hearing extensive evidence, decided that Goodwillie and Robertson had committed rape.

Blair Henderson is scoring for fun (18 goals and top scorer), League Two, 6'4 and still fairly young. If we were going down that route (and we are not) then I'd rather the club took a punt on someone like that.

Also, John Rankin has scored 5 this season in that division and Sean Dillon is still proving to be one of the best defenders in the league. Time to get the band back together....

19 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Blair Henderson is scoring for fun (18 goals and top scorer), League Two, 6'4 and still fairly young. If we were going down that route (and we are not) then I'd rather the club took a punt on someone like that.

Also, John Rankin has scored 5 this season in that division and Sean Dillon is still proving to be one of the best defenders in the league. Time to get the band back together....

If you want to express your love for Sean Dillon I am sure there are more appropriate forums.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Wouldn't be adverse to that signing. 

Eta not Ranks the other laddy :lol:

Edited by ArabianKnight

RE Goodwillie .   A high profile professional footballer attempting casual sex with a drunken woman with I presume a male friend is really asking for it regardless of guilt ,

(most likely guilty)

apart from it being morally questionable he cant be very clever  either! I would refuse to watch my team if they signed him and would rather see them relegated 

than sign him.

I regret getting involved in the Goodwillie talk... it doesn't matter, we're probably not going to sign him anyway.

Nesbitt could be good. seems to be rated highly behind the scenes at Celtic before he left apparently. Would only be happy with King leaving if we were bringing in two wingers though instead of just one though. Signing a CDM should be a top priority still, thankfully McKinnon has done us a favour and taken Abdul Osman out of the hypothetical picture.

Also, rumours are that Celtic could be trying to get in 2 right backs this window #announceRalston.

Edited by Accent-Unknown

What’s happening with billy king at use guys was hearing he’s getting released would take him at the pars[emoji1303]

Out of contract In the summer and If we bring In a replacement I’m sure he’ll be told to find a club before February 1st.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is he any good at this level?

He’s very inconsistent and can go into hiding for a whole game which is unfortunate as he does have some talent.  

He’s a confidence player and I think he could genuinely benefit from some sort of physiological ‘support’.  If he could be motivated he would offer more.

Sadly he’s also a bit soft and losses the ball too easily/avoids going in for 50-50 challenges.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is he any good at this level?

Hed be a great signing for a hide and seek team. 

To be honest, the guy would be best moving on. Fresh start might be what he needs. Been played on the left and is right footed. Managed by two diddies and has no confidence.

Hes really been crap for us.

29 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

How's Craig Curran been for you guys, he's a nice guy and decent craic to speak to but was surprised at the size and length of contract you gave him.

Has he stayed/looked fit?

3 goals In 16 which In this league says a lot but he does work really hard but thats not always enough. The 3 year was handed out probably to convince his to sign. Most United fans won't miss him.