Dundee United 2018/2019

I wouldnt be massively against singing Goodie again. Hes been scoring goals all over the place and is the kind of striker we need. Football wise anyway.

To be honest, im willing to look past almost any players past if they help get us out of this league*

*except Gavin Gunning and Wato Kuate. List not exhaustive.

I wouldnt be massively against singing Goodie again. Hes been scoring goals all over the place and is the kind of striker we need. Football wise anyway.
To be honest, im willing to look past almost any players past if they help get us out of this league*

*except Gavin Gunning and Wato Kuate. List not exhaustive.

But that’s the thing. Gavin Gunning and Wato Kuate didn’t rape anyone but you’d be more against them coming back than Goodie. Also, Goodie has been scoring all over the place in league 2, a league where Sean Dillon was the best defender, his goal scoring record should be taken with a pinch of salt.

It makes a lot of sense that a team desperate to avoid relegation from the Premiership wants to sign a player who can only get cameo roles for a team that is struggling to mount a challenge in the Championship.*

*I am being facetious; it doesn’t.

52 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

But that’s the thing. Gavin Gunning and Wato Kuate didn’t rape anyone but you’d be more against them coming back than Goodie. Also, Goodie has been scoring all over the place in league 2, a league where Sean Dillon was the best defender, his goal scoring record should be taken with a pinch of salt

Hes done nothing mental since and maybe hes turned the corner. I personally believe in rehabilitation and in this situation, maybe he has learned from his disgraceful crime?

He was a great player before that and seems to now found his feet again. Ok, at a lower level but we're still playing some part time teams and be honest with yourself, football wise - Goodwillie vs Curran?

Gunning and Wato were fucking rockets and utterly shite on the pitch as well as off it. Thats why i dont want them back. Ever.

I'd like to think some of the names coming up are simply fan speculation.

For example, Lewis Vaughan is likely to be a liability to any club. And hardly a boy who would be ready to take our club upwards, more keep at this Championship level.

Curran is a better player than many mentioned, but given his past injuries and length of contract, he'd be a boy to move on if possible.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Hes done nothing mental since and maybe hes turned the corner. I personally believe in rehabilitation and in this situation, maybe he has learned from his disgraceful crime?

He was a great player before that and seems to now found his feet again. Ok, at a lower level but we're still playing some part time teams and be honest with yourself, football wise - Goodwillie vs Curran?

Gunning and Wato were fucking rockets and utterly shite on the pitch as well as off it. Thats why i dont want them back. Ever.

"He's done nothing mental since" - He didn't piss in the street or batter someone outside a nightclub. He raped someone. That's not "mental", that's fucking morally reprehensible.

"playing some part-time teams" - one part-time team. Alloa. And believe it or not, a championship team is a wee bit better than a league 2 team.

And you be honest with yourself - would you want Goodwillie back if it wasn't for him previously playing for United and winning the cup with us?

2 hours ago, FifeArab said:

More talk of Peter Pawlett signing for us. If it’s all true I’m surprised some SPL teams haven’t went for him.

His injury record, compared to the wages he's on, probably makes him quite high risk in terms of how much output you'll actually get over the rest of the season.

56 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'd like to think some of the names coming up are simply fan speculation.

For example, Lewis Vaughan is likely to be a liability to any club. And hardly a boy who would be ready to take our club upwards, more keep at this Championship level.

Curran is a better player than many mentioned, but given his past injuries and length of contract, he'd be a boy to move on if possible.

Despite a previous jibe I don’t think Curren is a bad player, just doesn’t fit in with what Neilson wants at United.

In the past I’ve argued we need a plan B, but Neilson seems determined to play 4-2-3-1 and so I think we need to bring in players who will complement that formation and a striker who can play the Safranko role if he’s injured or suspended.