Dundee United 2018/2019

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
Why can’t the Championship have Boxing Day games?

Wondering this myself. Presumably no winter break means no need to pile up the fixtures. Fucking shite though. Not even amy New Years day games this season.

An ‘extra’ game at this time of year could shorten the season by a week taking the pressure off these teams who qualify for the play offs.

(The playoff nonsense is of course a separate issue but one that rankles.  Should be second bottom v second top).

Why can’t the Championship have Boxing Day games?

Wondering this myself. Presumably no winter break means no need to pile up the fixtures. Fucking shite though. Not even amy New Years day games this season.
An ‘extra’ game at this time of year could shorten the season by a week taking the pressure off these teams who qualify for the play offs.
(The playoff nonsense is of course a separate issue but one that rankles.  Should be second bottom v second top).

Not only that, but the SPFL organised full midweek cards for the lower leagues in October (we played at Inverness, you lot moved your game to a blank Saturday IIRC) and Februrary (we play Partick, you are at home to Inverness). Two midweek rounds (at times when the weather isn't great) when Boxing Day and New Year's Day are free. It's like the SPFL doesn't want fans to go to games.

4 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not only that, but the SPFL organised full midweek cards for the lower leagues in October (we played at Inverness, you lot moved your game to a blank Saturday IIRC) and Februrary (we play Partick, you are at home to Inverness). Two midweek rounds (at times when the weather isn't great) when Boxing Day and New Year's Day are free. It's like the SPFL doesn't want fans to go to games.

The truth probably is the people at the top of the SPFL haven't noticed these anomalies. They really don't give a f**k about lower league football.

The truth probably is the people at the top of the SPFL haven't noticed these anomalies. They really don't give a f**k about lower league football.

Yes all very true. But it wasn’t so long ago that you guys were in the Self Preservation League and not giving a damn for lower league football. My how the times have changed.

Yes all very true. But it wasn’t so long ago that you guys were in the Self Preservation League and not giving a damn for lower league football. My how the times have changed.

Is your avatar “the darkness”?
Merry Christmas fellow Arabs. FTD 🧡🖤[emoji319]

Is it me or have our American overlords missed a major trick in not paying the £70,000 thats needed for the Jim Mclean statue that the supporter trust are having a whip around for?

Pay for it and get the fans on board straight away. Paying for it would be a terrific gesture

Is it me or have our American overlords missed a major trick in not paying the £70,000 thats needed for the Jim Mclean statue that the supporter trust are having a whip around for?

Pay for it and get the fans on board straight away. Paying for it would be a terrific gesture

I would like to think that they will make a donation at some point. I quite like the fact that the fans will be the ones paying for most of it. Makes it feel more like a community endeavour. It will need four or five big donations though and I would hope that Ogren and some of our ‘Ambassadors’ (L.Kelly, R.Ross etc) will chip in with larger sums. It would also be a good chance for the DUSF to get behind something official like this.

Wrote an article for PureFitbaw about what kind of player I think we need to bring in and who we should let go. Give it a read.

"We need players, right now. Our squad as a whole isn’t good enough, even with the quality of the likes of Fyvie, Safranko and Aird dragging us to third, the gaps that Nielson needs to fill is obvious."

Who should Dundee United sign in January and who should they let go?

32 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

If they have £70k to put in there’s a hundred things I would like them to spend it on other than a statue.

3 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Not sure that is entirely true: but I'm unsure what you mean by 'you guys'.  Do you mean fans, or the club?

The club tended to look to the lower leagues to recruit several players including Craig Conway, although Ayr weren't too happy about United's initial lack of compensation.

I was specifically aiming at the administrators at the top of the Scottish game, who really only care about two clubs.