Dundee United 2018/2019

1 minute ago, captainkev said:

Should United do the right thing and punt him asap, anyone keen on taking Dixon back? He's been training with the team lately but, according to Neilson, he wasn't being considered as a potential signing due to us having two left backs already. However, that could change very soon.

Unpopular opinion maybe, but Dixon was worse than Robson in his second spell. Maybe under a new manager he might decent but I'd just rather we avoided going for former United player anymore.

5 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Robson has been daft, probably should have faced harsher penalties after Venomgate, but I suspect he was seen as a saleable asset then.

I'm not too sure this is a sacking offence. Would it even be legal to consider this under employment legislation?

Hes been caught on camera drink driving and has now been photographed being a racist arsehole. 

He represents the club. Hes a professional. Christ, hes supposed to be a role model. 

The club should be suspending him at least imo.

3 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Unpopular opinion maybe, but Dixon was worse than Robson in his second spell. Maybe under a new manager he might decent but I'd just rather we avoided going for former United player anymore.

I'd probably agree with that. However I'm thinking that Robson has regressed enormously since our first championship season that Dixon would likely be an upgrade on him at this point. Having Dixon with actual wingers in front of him and a decent target man in Safranko up front to aim for might do better this time round. Then again that's probably just wishful thinking.

18 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Jamie Robson continues to be Jamie Robson...

Dt-iapaW0AE3mpJ.jpg-large.jpeg

I cannot believe that, with so many blackface controversies in recent  history,  anyone could be stupid enough to dress up like this, never mind someone in the public eye having it filmed and posted online.  I'm speechless.  I suspect this may well be the straw that breaks the camel's back and that we may well never see him play for DUFC again.

For anyone still bemused by why blackface is offensive (and, at least on Twitter, there appear to be a number such people):

https://www.vox.com/2014/10/29/7089591/why-is-blackface-offensive-halloween-costume

Edited by arab_joe
Woeful grammar...

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I notice there is a certain Dundee Utd fan staying well clear of this Jamie Robson incident. Wise move imo.

I don't want to reveal who I'm talking about but his username begins with M and the rest of it is ark Connolly. 

It's fucking stupid.

In isolation, he would be lucky to stay at the club. In addition to last season, he should be gone.

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I notice there is a certain Dundee Utd fan staying well clear of this Jamie Robson incident. Wise move imo.

I don't want to reveal who I'm talking about but his username begins with M and the rest of it is ark Connolly. 

I am firmly of the get him sacked, prosecuted and jailed view point.  Hideous individual who would find it difficult at Fort William to stay in their starting line up.

14 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Robson has been daft, probably should have faced harsher penalties after Venomgate, but I suspect he was seen as a saleable asset then.

I'm not too sure this is a sacking offence. Would it even be legal to consider this under employment legislation?

Surely it could be filed under "bringing the club into disrepute"? 

No idea if that's something you're allowed to be sacked for, but I can't imagine many people on a jury having any sympathy for him if he tried to take it to a court.