Dundee United 2018/2019

46 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

According to Jim Spence, it could be tomorrow for the arrival of the Yankee Dollar.

I'm sceptical of the intentions of such incomers, but we need a boost after the last few days and seasons.

Regarding the players on Friday, not one would get pass marks from me. I hope they are suitably remorseful. 

I heard (from a reasonably reliable source i guess) today that it will go through this week. These Americans are apparantly good guys whereas the last rumoured lot weren't.

Seemingly want to have a long term project and will invest regular chunks of money for transfers and infrastructure at Tannadice instead of spunking a pot of cash in a oner. The term he used was 'strong, steady improvement rather than an unsustainable jump'. By that I assume will be more like the Levien era of rebuilding the youth system etc.

I say again, this is something i have been told by someone who knows someone etc. so dont shoot the messenger when nothing happens and we go into admin on Friday.

23 hours ago, banana said:

I for one welcome our new American Overlords.

Image result for usa cheerleaders

You don’t need American Overlords for this kind of shit.

Clearly you have never scored an invite to Mongoose Manor.... :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

According to Jim Spence, it could be tomorrow for the arrival of the Yankee Dollar.

I'm sceptical of the intentions of such incomers, but we need a boost after the last few days and seasons.

Regarding the players on Friday, not one would get pass marks from me. I hope they are suitably remorseful. 

I’d be happy to hear your views on what more Booth or Safranko could have done.  Stanton has a couple of misplaced passes but again nothing to condemn him for.

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d be happy to hear your views on what more Booth or Safranko could have done.  Stanton has a couple of misplaced passes but again nothing to condemn him for.

Booth was partly culpable at the first goal and the third as clear examples, in any case being part of a defence letting in five at home makes him a guilty party.

Safranko not so bad, but troubled nobody in their defence as far as I recall. He wasn't even a pest, just a nothing performance from him.

Stanton did get some heavy treatment early in the match, and both him and Fyvie, being injury prone, aren't a great partnership in a match against hardy opponents.

But it's only opinions, we are allowed to differ.

On 12/1/2018 at 19:36, Accent-Unknown said:

Before some Ayr fans come in and say that they're better than us, whether or not that's true, you're definitely not "5-0 at home" better.

Not disagreeing - you had a real big off-night (shit happens, often in front of TV audiences) and we had the opposite (everything went for us, no question - even the ref was kind to us at times which made the experience all the more incredible for Ayr fans). 

Yes, we weren't "5-0 at home better" because it was actually "worse" than that for you actually - Shankland could have had 6 and Moffat missed a couple of decent chances too.

Still think you'll be there or thereabouts in April/May and you're a shoe-in for promotion if we've lost Shankland by then. Keep the heid, lad  

1 hour ago, Jazzar said:

Not disagreeing - you had a real big off-night (shit happens, often in front of TV audiences) and we had the opposite (everything went for us, no question - even the ref was kind to us at times which made the experience all the more incredible for Ayr fans). 

Yes, we weren't "5-0 at home better" because it was actually "worse" than that for you actually - Shankland could have had 6 and Moffat missed a couple of decent chances too.

Still think you'll be there or thereabouts in April/May and you're a shoe-in for promotion if we've lost Shankland by then. Keep the heid, lad  

I actually agree with this. 

Our keeper made a couple of good saves and you missed a couple of sitters. Could have easily been 7 or 8 without complaint. Or reply.

The good thing about losing 5 - 0 is Neilson will see the utter dross hes got now the new manager bounce is over. 

Also, after that result and performance id be fucking astonished if Shankland was an Ayr player after January. And a few other players you have were very good. Think it was your number 7 (who looked like a weird Pat Nevin to me :lol:) that pulled the strings for you. Just the sort of player we are missing too.

If our minted American overlords arrive as predicted a cheeky bid in January might be a good tactic!:thumsup2

Last thing, yes, the ref was also fucking shite. Wouldnt have changed the result much if he was any better though.

I actually agree with this. 
Our keeper made a couple of good saves and you missed a couple of sitters. Could have easily been 7 or 8 without complaint. Or reply.
The good thing about losing 5 - 0 is Neilson will see the utter dross hes got now the new manager bounce is over. 
Also, after that result and performance id be fucking astonished if Shankland was an Ayr player after January. And a few other players you have were very good. Think it was your number 7 (who looked like a weird Pat Nevin to me :lol:) that pulled the strings for you. Just the sort of player we are missing too.
If our minted American overlords arrive as predicted a cheeky bid in January might be a good tactic!:thumsup2
Last thing, yes, the ref was also fucking shite. Wouldnt have changed the result much if he was any better though.

Latest with Shankland is Swansea are buying him in January and loaning him back for the rest of the season. Dream scenario for us but only time will tell if it plays out that way.

Number 7 is Moffat. Runs the show every time he plays although I’m not sure splashing out on a 33 year old is the type of thing your new owners had in mind.

I didn’t think the referee was bad on Friday. The constant pulling of Shankland gets annoying but it happens to him every week and he seems to get on with it.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Latest with Shankland is Swansea are buying him in January and loaning him back for the rest of the season. Dream scenario for us but only time will tell if it plays out that way.

Number 7 is Moffat. Runs the show every time he plays although I’m not sure splashing out on a 33 year old is the type of thing your new owners had in mind.

I didn’t think the referee was bad on Friday. The constant pulling of Shankland gets annoying but it happens to him every week and he seems to get on with it.

I dont care if hes 33 or 43. He was excellent and compared to the likes of King, McMullan, Loemba, Barton et al hed be worth it. We've not had a player like for years!

The ref was stinking. We had a throw in that was turned over to you lot when our player stole a few yards. He wasnt warned to step back or anything. Then the Ayr player proceed to take the throw in from said incorrect position :lol:

Fyvie had a couple of bad tackles on him with no yellows. Same with Stanton. The ref even waved advantage on one, the ball was hoofed out, he didnt give the advantage and didnt book the player. 

There were a few that went our way too. He was all round fucking awful.

On 02/12/2018 at 03:36, Accent-Unknown said:

The only reason I can think of for how bad we were last night was arrogance. nothing else makes sense to me.

Before some Ayr fans come in and say that they're better than us, whether or not that's true, you're definitely not "5-0 at home" better.

Oh the irony

I dont care if hes 33 or 43. He was excellent and compared to the likes of King, McMullan, Loemba, Barton et al hed be worth it. We've not had a player like for years!

The ref was stinking. We had a throw in that was turned over to you lot when our player stole a few yards. He wasnt warned to step back or anything. Then the Ayr player proceed to take the throw in from said incorrect position :lol:
Fyvie had a couple of bad tackles on him with no yellows. Same with Stanton. The ref even waved advantage on one, the ball was hoofed out, he didnt give the advantage and didnt book the player. 
There were a few that went our way too. He was all round fucking awful.

The ref was fine imo, the thrown in was a foul throw not for stealing yards.
When a team loses heavily fans automatically claim that the ref was against you. We did exactly the same when we lost heavily to QOS.

The ref was fine imo, the thrown in was a foul throw not for stealing yards.
When a team loses heavily fans automatically claim that the ref was against you. We did exactly the same when we lost heavily to QOS.

No, the ref was very poor, it was not a foul throw the offence was for stealing yards, no warning given. The ref had a very poor game, for both sides. The posts I have read though all agree that even without some poor decisions DUFC were still second best all over the field, we are not using a poor ref as an excuse.

No, the ref was very poor, it was not a foul throw the offence was for stealing yards, no warning given. The ref had a very poor game, for both sides. The posts I have read though all agree that even without some poor decisions DUFC were still second best all over the field, we are not using a poor ref as an excuse.

The ref was fine for us. The only gripe I had was the constant fouling on Shankland but eventually he got the card out and started booking players.

There is no rule that states a ref must give a warning if a player steals yards at a throw in.

He wasn’t any worse or better than your normal referee. Had a very average game and if the biggest issue you can pick with him is over a throw in then it’s not really worth complaining about.

On 12/2/2018 at 17:50, Dundee Hibernian said:

Have Twinkle and Jim Spence ever been seen in the same room together?

Edited by captainkev

Some of you will be old enough to remember this but on this day in 1964 the Scandinavian invasion began when Finn Dossing and Orjan Persson played against Hearts at Tynecastle. Dossing scored and was booked. Hearts won 3-1 Att: 10,063. United were 16th on 7 points then but finished 9th on 36 points. Dossing scoring 21 goals. Hard to think in those days it was common for fans to go and see either team play when their side was away.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/images/1964/1964120501.htm

Edited by Eednud