Dundee United 2018/2019

If I’m being honest I really like this league. I know others will disagree, and I truly want to be out of it, but I’ve never supported United more when we’ve been truly desperate and hopeless. Cup finals are great but I love the cameraderee (is that a word) of walking out of a 1-1 pre season with Alloa talking about where it all went wrong. Plus Neilson offers us s genuine chance of redemption, something I’ve never experienced as a United fan (supporter since around 96).if we win the league it will be a true novelty. I love this club and everything wrong and right about it. As a weegie it’s fuckin great to say to folk I support something different from the norm and to be able to wind up h**s at a moments notice, truly PTBAA,let’s get the win on Tuesday.

I meant shite more in the way of meaning its a hard league to get out of rather than the quality. As the DA said, the teams are hard to break down in this league but it looks like we're getting better at it.

Just an extremely poorly written sentence due to the fact ive had about 3 hours sleep in the past 36 hours.

2 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Interesting watch this, Robertson saying that McNamara wanted him to stay but it was Thompson who made the decision.

I can understand why Thompson wanted the deal pushed through, nonetheless it's still a bit gutting to hear that Robertson would have been happy to stay longer.

The talk of the night out after the Sevco semi-final takes me back though. I was actually at Liquid that night too and bumped into a few of the United squad there. Gauld was in the toilets absolutely blootered bragging about clattering Moshni, while Dillon was wandering around the place looking thoroughly pissed off having been lumbered with looking after Gunning for the night.

As far as I recall the only player I actually spoke to was Armstrong. I congratulated him on scoring , drunkenly told him it was my favourite United goal ever and that I loved him for it. I like to think he appreciated it, although it seems far more likely I've just forgotten him telling me to go away.

Edited by captainkev

I am glad Andy Robertson left when he did otherwise he would probably be playing for some English League 1 team.  Or working at IKEA.

In other news; Edge was in the SPFL team of the day for the weekend we played County.

9 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

United at 4/1 to win the league, absolute steal

I am not much of a betting man but these seem generous odds given this is a 10 team league and there are some teams highly unlikely to win it.

54 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Does that interview involve him discussing his career prior to joining Dundee United?  I feel that's a period of Andy Robertson's development we know little about.

It does. It's a good interview.

On 19/11/2018 at 09:41, Savage Henry said:

Does that interview involve him discussing his career prior to joining Dundee United?  I feel that's a period of Andy Robertson's development we know little about.

If it helps, Celtic fans regularly claim they "developed" him when they try and claim they're the best club in Scotland for young Scots to be at.

19 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Had the day off so decided to watch The Jim McLean Years having not seen it for a few years. Used to know the film word for word. 

A decent morning. 

The night of glory is complete. Q Which game was this commentary from?

Borrusia at Redford's goal.

Shortly followed by a "Woo-hoo!" and scenes of the bench with the away support going nuts in the background.