Dundee United 2018/2019

2 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

Would they let him go though I am sure he is on the bench for them tonight.  I am not sure if he has been involved on the bench domestically this season though.

Not sure but I think he would get regular game time for us; and under a manager who looks like he knows what he’s doing.  Could be good for the player and the club.

13 hours ago, Loemba90 said:

Spoke to the guy who was refereeing Falkirk v Celtic reserves on Tuesday afternoon and he said Bowman was there scouting couple Celtic players as possible loan signings in January, wouldn’t be surprised if Ralston is a target.

Ray wanted him on deadline day but Ralston wanted to stay at Celtic.

He’ll be 20 this month, should be out getting game time as he appears to be third choice right back at Celtic not playing a minute this season.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Glad this week’s game is away, not sure I could cope with any more rumours of Americans in the Heggie.

They are waiting until midnight before taking any big decisions.

It makes sense.

On 09/11/2018 at 08:29, gav-ffc said:

He’ll be 20 this month, should be out getting game time as he appears to be third choice right back at Celtic not playing a minute this season.

Another 1 we can sign and wait a month on him getting up to speed.

Careful now. Any more of that sort of talk and Branch Ton will be tweeting you asking for a timeline.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
On 09/11/2018 at 08:29, gav-ffc said:

Careful now. Any more of that sort of talk and Branch Ton will be tweeting you asking for a timeline.

He’ll ask on twitter imo.

18 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Looks like Neilson will look to offload Robson and Wardrop as soon as, given today’s starting line-up

Hopefully.

Booth has improved massively recently and a right back that can cross the half way line without having a nosebleed would be lovely. In fact, a right back would be an improvement.

7 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Hopefully.

Booth has improved massively recently and a right back that can cross the half way line without having a nosebleed would be lovely. In fact, a right back would be an improvement.

I agree about Booth.  A genuine RB playing at RB would be a huge bonus but Murdoch as a utility player deserves some credit.

At the risk of repeating myself, it looks like a different team under Neilson.

I’d love to hear Mike Martin’s explanation of why he thought Laszlo desrvered to be kept on.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I agree about Booth.  A genuine RB playing at RB would be a huge bonus but Murdoch as a utility player deserves some credit.

At the risk of repeating myself, it looks like a different team under Neilson.

I’d love to hear Mike Martin’s explanation of why he thought Laszlo desrvered to be kept on.

I dont. I really dont want to know why he thought Csaba was worth keeping after taking a Ray Mckinnon team downwards faster than the speed of light.

A truly awful manager, a truly awful decision to employ him and an even worse decision to retain him over the summer. 

Thankfully it looks like the chairman put the class A drugs he must have been taking in the bin and came to his senses.

Now that we have a manager with a fully functioning brain who can make a team do the simple and obvious things well, we have gone on a great run which includes turning round a 5-1 defeat to a 1-0 victory over the same team. Great result. 

In Robbie we trust.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

It seems that it was purely to try and bring some stability to the team by not changing the management again so soon after sacking McKinnon. I'd guess that with the attempts to sort out the structure of the club behind the scenes over the summer he wanted to avoid bringing in a new coaching team on top of that.  

I suppose there's something honourable in trying to offer a manager time to turn things round and not immediately resort to firing them, but Csaba really had done nothing to earn that patience. No one was surprised at how things turned out.

As I recall, the local media spent the week before the 5-1 County game trying to spin an unimpressive 2-0 win against an abysmal Falkirk side as a turning point for Laszlo. That probably tells just how big a mess he was making of this season; almost as much as the subsequent humping from County did.

It'll be interesting to see if Martin says or does anything should we fail to get automatic promotion by a narrow margin at the end of the season.

8 hours ago, captainkev said:

It seems that it was purely to try and bring some stability to the team by not changing the management again so soon after sacking McKinnon. I'd guess that with the attempts to sort out the structure of the club behind the scenes over the summer he wanted to avoid bringing in a new coaching team on top of that.  

I suppose there's something honourable in trying to offer a manager time to turn things round and not immediately resort to firing them, but Csaba really had done nothing to earn that patience. No one was surprised at how things turned out.

As I recall, the local media spent the week before the 5-1 County game trying to spin an unimpressive 2-0 win against an abysmal Falkirk side as a turning point for Laszlo. That probably tells just how big a mess he was making of this season; almost as much as the subsequent humping from County did.

It'll be interesting to see if Martin says or does anything should we fail to get automatic promotion by a narrow margin at the end of the season.

I agree with pretty much all of this; the turnover of managers we have had over the past few years has turned us into a bit of a laughing stock, and I guess he was looking to give Csaba a quality transfer window (rather than the bargain basement of wayfarers and hobos available in January), to build a quality team around a fit again Fyvie, and get some stability

TBF, Rabbitsch aside, he has brought in some decent quality, he just diodn’t know what to do with them.

Obviously I wish to f**k he had brought in Robbie over the summer, but, based on the way things have gone, I don’t think Mike has left it too late; we are well in this.

Praying to f**k that Fyvie is not injured again, because he is absolutely vital for our chances of success.