Dundee United 2018/2019

58 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:

We haven't, we've had serious issues with injuries all season, particularly in defence where we currently have 3 of our back 4 (including our Captain) all out injured.  Again.
Fontaine and Morris are out injured for at least the second time each this season, and Fraser has been out for weeks (months?) now.  The details are a blur to be honest.

Thankfully Watson has now recovered from injury and is filling in well, having missed a few weeks earlier in the season when it was his turn to be injured.
But we've still had to play Ross Draper (a centre mid) and youth players in defence a number of times now, with Stelios  (a LB) filling in at right back. 
Even Tony Dingwall has played in defence this season, filling in at rightback in at least 3 games from memory.

Midfield and up fronts been ok.  Just the odd player with niggles or suspensions so far, other than Gardyne who has been out for a couple of weeks now, expected to be out for about a month. 

Testament to the good job that Ketts and Fergie are doing that we still look generally solid even with the injuries. 
Had some wobbles, main ones being when we lost to Morton, and the second-half against Ayr where they battered our defence of a teenager and three full-backs (two of which were reserves), we did not impress against Caley or QOS either to be honest.
Generally though, after a slow start, the difference between now and the shapeless clueless farce under Coyle and (at times) under McIntyre is stark.  

ETA: bit of a brain-dump, not meant to sound defensive, just trying to advise of the season so far and big-up the job Ferglewell are doing.   Interested to see how yous develop under Neilson.

Fair doos man,  as i said i assumed you had a fully fit squad as you have been doing well! Shows what i know.

I think it shows how important a decent management team is and how much of a handicap Laszlo actually was for us considering we've gone from weaker than piss to looking pretty competent within 2 to 3 weeks with more or less the same squad.

The next two games , QOTS and County will give us an indication of how well we have progressed. 

1 hour ago, dingdong1929 said:

We haven't, we've had serious issues with injuries all season, particularly in defence where we currently have 3 of our back 4 (including our Captain) all out injured.  Again.
Fontaine and Morris are out injured for at least the second time each this season, and Fraser has been out for weeks (months?) now.  The details are a blur to be honest.

Thankfully Watson has now recovered from injury and is filling in well, having missed a few weeks earlier in the season when it was his turn to be injured.
But we've still had to play Ross Draper (a centre mid) and youth players in defence a number of times now, with Stelios  (a LB) filling in at right back. 
Even Tony Dingwall has played in defence this season, filling in at rightback in at least 3 games from memory.

Midfield and up fronts been ok.  Just the odd player with niggles or suspensions so far, other than Gardyne who has been out for a couple of weeks now, expected to be out for about a month. 

Testament to the good job that Ketts and Fergie are doing that we still look generally solid even with the injuries. 
Had some wobbles, main ones being when we lost to Morton, and the second-half against Ayr where they battered our defence of a teenager and three full-backs (two of which were reserves), we did not impress against Caley or QOS either to be honest.
Generally though, after a slow start, the difference between now and the shapeless clueless farce under Coyle and (at times) under McIntyre is stark.  

ETA: bit of a brain-dump, not meant to sound defensive, just trying to advise of the season so far and big-up the job Ferglewell are doing.   Interested to see how yous develop under Neilson.

Hmmm, 

Some alarming similarities to what the Buddies were saying once they got their noses in front last year... Just before they ran away with the league. 

My concern is that at the moment, everyone you lot come up against are getting handed their arses, with a worrying level of consistency, and I can’t see many in the league who will bring this to a halt at the moment.

That being said, it is not over yet, and plenty of time for things to change. For me, I am just pleased that to a degree the doom and gloom that has enveloped Tannadice for about 3 years now is just starting to lift, and we might well have the squad to push County all the way. 

Even getting second in the league will give us a much better chance to make it third time lucky in the playoffs.

Fucking outstanding effort by the Tangerine Army on Saturday, and really hope we can get well over the 6k mark on Saturday; the lads deserve it.  

P2BAA 8)

I don't know what's worse: the fact that this guy has fallen so low that he's hooring himself around Dundee trying to scrape together enough cash to pay for his next fix or the fact that there are c***s in the Dundee support who will willingly pay to witness the grubby spectacle. SAD.

1 hour ago, Sir Peh McBridie said:

Scored a stunning seven goals, helped put them in admin and then left for Rangers. 

This makes you a Dundee legend apparently.

Sounds about as legendary as you can get beinga Dee.

I remember walking past a shop in the Ferry and saw a wee greasy haired old lady in a green shell suit.

Turns out it was him.

True story.

2 hours ago, Sir Peh McBridie said:

Scored a stunning seven goals, helped put them in admin and then left for Rangers. 

This makes you a Dundee legend apparently.

They should try signing him again.  He’d be an improvement on what they’ve got.

9 hours ago, mccurdieboy said:

Bitter

No bitterness at all. 

Ayr are doing amazingly well, performing way beyond anybodies wildest expectations and fair play to them.

However,  P&B protocol dictates that someone respond to a post like that, in a thread like this, with the exact words....

Ayr thread for this pish.

Granny just got in first......

No bitterness at all. 
Ayr are doing amazingly well, performing way beyond anybodies wildest expectations and fair play to them.
However,  P&B protocol dictates that someone respond to a post like that, in a thread like this, with the exact words....
Ayr thread for this pish.
Granny just got in first......

Well said sir.......uphold the protocol at all costs, standards must be met.