Dundee United 2018/2019

54 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

This might be a good time to point out that Mr A's anonymity has been put in place by a court, and even hinting at who Mr A might be is probably not a clever idea, legally. Unless you want to find out first hand how seriously contempt of court sentences can be.

Carry on.

Screenshot_20181018-040630_PicSay.jpg

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

This might be a good time to point out that Mr A's anonymity has been put in place by a court, and even hinting at who Mr A might be is probably not a clever idea, legally. Unless you want to find out first hand how seriously contempt of court sentences can be.

Carry on.

Who do you think Mr A is?

11 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

He was named widely in the papers and online before he got the court order preventing identification.

By one Jamie Beatson, if the news stories that have been "deleted" by Google (but whose bylines remain) are correct...

Seems odd to have wasted so much on High Court legal fees; closing the stable door after the horse has bolted etc. 

Slightly disappointed with the home crowd on Saturday but maybe I’m hoping for too much.  I reckon it was about 600-700 down on the opening day making adjustments for the away fans.

Hopefully if we continue to perform as we have done so far under Neilson the crowds will creep back up.

If we can get up to close to 6,000 Arabs at each home game it would be an achievement and bring in much needed revenue.

2 hours ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

The way things are moving we should expect a good traveling support for Saturday !

I will be there; if for the steak bridies if nothing else!

A good away support is good for players moral, a good home support is essential for the coffers.

If we go up this season we need to be in as good financial health as is possible.  If we don’t it may be irrelevant.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I will be there; if for the steak bridies if nothing else!

A good away support is good for players moral, a good home support is essential for the coffers.

If we go up this season we need to be in as good financial health as is possible.  If we don’t it may be irrelevant.

If we go up this season we'll be in a far better financial situation due to TV money and Premiership payments etc. Then the season tickets will go up again id expect.

Also, we've cut our budget a fair bit the last few years so there would be a bit extra cash sloshing about for the player budget. 

Im not saying millions upon millions, but a fair bit extra. Assuming we budgeted to stay up but in the bottom 6.

Then there would be the home games V Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, the gruesome twosome and derby games V the Fermers too.

(Shh! I know ive not listed Dundee -thats because they're going down and we're going up!)

7 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

If we go up this season we'll be in a far better financial situation due to TV money and Premiership payments etc. Then the season tickets will go up again id expect.

Also, we've cut our budget a fair bit the last few years so there would be a bit extra cash sloshing about for the player budget. 

Im not saying millions upon millions, but a fair bit extra. Assuming we budgeted to stay up but in the bottom 6.

Then there would be the home games V Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, the gruesome twosome and derby games V the Fermers too.

(Shh! I know ive not listed Dundee -thats because they're going down and we're going up!)

Yeah if we go up our income will improve significantly but it would be far better if we are still in the black (even marginally) when we get there.

If you look at the accounts over past seasons, factor in no transfer sell ons, factor in Laszlo’s pay off, factor in the squad members we have been unable to unload, things will be tight.

38 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah if we go up our income will improve significantly but it would be far better if we are still in the black (even marginally) when we get there.

If you look at the accounts over past seasons, factor in no transfer sell ons, factor in Laszlo’s pay off, factor in the squad members we have been unable to unload, things will be tight.

Tighter than an Aberdonians grip on a wallet I would imagine.

It would be excellent to go up in the black as you say, however i would rather we just get up this season regardless.

21 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Guys please let’s not talk about promotion, I’m very pleased with how things are going so far under Neilson, but we’re two games in and have been here before. We are two injuries from starting Barton and Rabbitsch starting as a midfield pairing.

5bcf92735e7d4_imageproxy(14).jpeg.68b5fccc4f778cb0abf3fe6c4404fd2e.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lancashirearab said:

Courier analysis

I don't think they spent too much time on this, but I thought I would share it anyway.

Yeah it shows that if you don’t take into account other factors then statistical analysis is meaningless.