Dundee United 2018/2019

7 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Living in Glasgow I actually saw a lot of Barton the season thistle finished in the top 6 and most of the time he looked extremely handy at premiership level.
Still think he could grow into a useful squad player in front of a settled back 4, but he looks a shell of a guy at the moment, clearly lacking confidence.

Barton is the only player in the squad who seems disinterested every time I hav seen him play.

14 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

To compare Curran to Daly is a bit odd. Totally different type of player and Daly, while not amazing at the start, was a very useful player once he got up to speed. And also, in his first 3 years Daly had two bad injuries. Was it not his cruciate he did then his ankle?

To be honest I was gauging the fan reaction,more than the  players themselves.  There are probably far better comparisons that could be made by someone more knowledgable (but Daly was on my mind as he had been mentioned as a possible assistant manager to Neilson).  But I do remember some Arabs who sat near me were incredibly negative about Daly every time he played in his first two or three seasons but then, in the end, he was a cracking player. 

In my post-Caszlo optimism I hope the same happens with Curran (but am hardly holding my breath). 

1 hour ago, arab_joe said:

To be honest I was gauging the fan reaction,more than the  players themselves.  There are probably far better comparisons that could be made by someone more knowledgable (but Daly was on my mind as he had been mentioned as a possible assistant manager to Neilson).  But I do remember some Arabs who sat near me were incredibly negative about Daly every time he played in his first two or three seasons but then, in the end, he was a cracking player. 

In my post-Caszlo optimism I hope the same happens with Curran (but am hardly holding my breath). 

At the moment I would compare Curran to a shit Derek Lilley.

17 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

On a more general point, I think all professional footballers will offer more if they’re played in their favoured position in a formation that suits individual and collective strengths under a manager who is tactically acute.

I think Aird has a lot to offer and players like Curran, King and McMullan may surprise us yet.

Getting the most out of Loemba may be more tricky.

No, Craig Curran won't surprise you.  Works incredibly hard for the cause - arguably too hard - but doesn't take many chances and occasionally has to be subbed to avoid getting sent off.   He must be an absolute b*****d to play against. You'll end up respecting the fact that he absolutely doesn't shirk responsibility, but recognise that he's no great loss when you've got a team which dominates.  He also has a recurring concussion issue, which made the three year contract absolutely bewildering.   Also it's best that he avoids Ryan Air.    

Good for ten goals a season and a tonne of work rate.

23 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Then why are you posting it on here?

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s code for ‘I know nothing but will make up shit anyway’.

Sometimes, not on this occasion though. Got a message earlier on today from a very good source. I will personally guarantee that's who the story is about. 

Dundee's not a big place - you'll hear it through other sources soon enough I'm sure. 

The internet never forgets no matter what the courts say -

A certain combination of words will bring up links to the webpages that have been removed, the dirty dirty snake

Edited by drs

The internet never forgets no matter what the courts say -

A certain combination of words will bring up links to the webpages that have been removed, the dirty dirty snake
Remembering of course he is the innocent party in this exchange [emoji6]

Unlikely to be the bald snake. He had the sleazy, badly snakey sex dungeon/lair under Tannadice. I heard he had lube fountains installed - paid from what was left of the Gauld, Robertson, Armstrong and Ciftci money after McNamara's cut - in order to fulfill all his depraved serpenty desires.

Some one ITK told me he spent almost all of our relegation season down there, a modern day equivalent to Nero while Rome burned. Except with a rather different kind of fiddling going on.

Allegedly.

3 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Unlikely to be the bald snake. He had the sleazy, badly snakey sex dungeon/lair under Tannadice. I heard he had lube fountains installed - paid from what was left of the Gauld, Robertson, Armstrong and Ciftci money after McNamara's cut - in order to fulfill all his depraved serpenty desires.

Some one ITK told me he spent almost all of our relegation season down there, a modern day equivalent to Nero while Rome burned. Except with a rather different kind of fiddling going on.

Allegedly.

^^^^ Has a  season ticket for the sex dungeon.

This might be a good time to point out that Mr A's anonymity has been put in place by a court, and even hinting at who Mr A might be is probably not a clever idea, legally. Unless you want to find out first hand how seriously contempt of court sentences can be.

Carry on.