Dundee United 2018/2019

1 hour ago, Aladdin said:

Quite a lot of noise about mckinlay being in with a shout. Would be a big risk but, unless Duncan Ferguson came in, would be hard pushed to find anyone I'd be more desperate to have succeed.

Im pretty desperate for anyone to succeed. Wether its McKinlay, Ferguson or Jocky fucking Scott tbh.

3 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:

Ellis is in pole position according to a friend in the know. I've no reason to disbelieve him as he has connections within Tannadice.

Pretty deflating if this is the case. Imo.

If he had taken the gig last time around we might not be in the mess we are now.  Ellis seems to be a decent coach and tactician who interacts well with the players; that’s exactly what we need at present.

I can understand concerns over lack of experience but we’ve had experienced managers too with poor results.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If he had taken the gig last time around we might not be in the mess we are now.  Ellis seems to be a decent coach and tactician who interacts well with the players; that’s exactly what we need at present.

I can understand concerns over lack of experience but we’ve had experienced managers too with poor results.

I said similar somewhere else. We've tried the experienced guys with, at the time, reasonable reputations in Mixu and Laszlo (lol) and went for the opposite, young up and coming managers like McKinnon and Mcnafortune.  

All of which did badly with the squads available to them. 

All we really need is someone that keeps it simple like organise players and use substitutions and tactics to help win games.

Common sense over experience for me.

For me, this is no time for experimenting. I get there is no guarantee with anyone but this is last chance saloon for Utd.

I'm not totally against the idea of Ellis, I would just feel a tad underwhelmed. Would much prefer Neilson who has romped this league before. He also has a bit of experience behind him.

I just get the feeling that the decision will be a financial one. Stay in this league for another season, and risk being down there forever.

The championship is notoriously difficult to get out. For me, Utd should be throwing EVERYTHING at it to ensure they escape it.

6 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:

Ellis is in pole position according to a friend in the know. I've no reason to disbelieve him as he has connections within Tannadice.

Pretty deflating if this is the case. Imo.

He would also be the cheapest option.  Much like Mixu was and we all know how that ended.  Now is not the time for penny pinching.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

He would also be the cheapest option.  Much like Mixu was and we all know how that ended.  Now is not the time for penny pinching.

Craig Levein and Peter Houston cost the club nothing and they did OK.

It dosent have to be a "throw money at it" solution. We need to look at someone can get the team on the park playing better.

I can see Ellis doing a good job but wether he wants it long term is another thing. Wether last time was "new manager bounce" for him or not remains to be seen, but the fact he kept it simple seemed to work.

I say again, just because a manager is the cheap option dosent mean he will be awful. It just means he isnt under contract.

Clarke was a cheap option for Killie. McInnes was a cheap option for Aberdeen. Wright was a cheap option for St Johnstone. 

It needs to be something that the board get right. If it takes two or three weeks then fine. If the correct decision is made we could theoretically still romp the league by 15 / 20 points - theres only been 7 games played remember.

One of if not our best player thinks Ellis is a dick.

5 minutes ago, Dens83 said:
4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

We have a best player? 

4 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Based on nothing more than his social media, Yannick Loemba seems like a nice lad.

Pity he's rotten, really.

Hes fucking tripe.

Fyvie is a cut above the rest.

Id say then that Aird, Safranco, Clark, Stanton and Bouhenna on their day could all be players. Maybe Frans could fall into this group.

The rest?

Meh.

16 hours ago, Dens83 said:
20 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I wouldn't listen to Jamie.