Dundee United 2018/2019

While being a Dundee fan, I thought Csaba was a good appointment for United, they avoided going down the usual Scottish failure route, unfortunately for them, he was just as bad. Their next manager has to be the right one, getting stuck in that league  can be hellish, and sadly we know all about that.

11 minutes ago, The DA said:

Which is where we are.  Next season can take care of itself.

I dunno, there's a few players i think could make the step up. But the squad would certainly need to be improved in order to consolidate.  

With Fyvie, Stanton, Rachid, Safranco (i know hes on loan but you never know), Aird and Clark thats the making of a reasonable enough team under a good manager. 

But right now, thats all a long way off as you say.

1 hour ago, wardy83 said:

Screenshot_20180930-171742_Chrome.jpg

No Ray McKinnon?

He must be getting itchy feet and with the chance to settle some unfinished business at Tannadice he might  be worth a punt. 

Edited by qos_75

It's strange what's happened with Dundee United of recent years.

A big club with a rich history. Won the Scottish Cup not that long ago and made it to a good few finals in the early 2000s, 

Where has it all gone wrong? Poor management? Lack of Investment? Failure to build?

Can't really blame anyone for the appointment of Csaba. Good track record, remembered fondly at Hearts. No-one expected him to be such a fucking buffoon.

Until his first couple of post match interviews. He should never have been put in charge of building United for what could be their last season as the financial heavyweight.

Next appointment is absolutely key. Neilson would be the best pick but there's even major question marks over him.

Horrible situation to be in as I know it only too well being a Dee.

That said, I won't say I don't get a considerable amount of satisfaction from it.

The laszlo chapter in the “banter years” book closes in ignominy. Really thought he had the experience to do the business for us, but at no point in his tenure did it seem to click for him, with the old squad, his new squad this season, and in particular with the fans.

Reminds me of Mixu in that it looked like he had a well thought out game plan in his mind, but was over complicated and too elaborate for the squad to deliver. A decent guy but wrong place, wrong time for him at United.

Who next?

Given how mentally weak our teams have been over that last few seasons, someone who is credible and the team believe in/ can get them believing in themselves is essential. Also someone who can get the team playing as a organised unit, where they all know what is expected of them, and can execute the basics. Neilson would be my pick, but ultimately some like like tommy wright would be ideal.

16 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I don't trust United to hire a competent replacement.

Neither do I.  We wedged ourselves between a rock and a hard place when we kept Laszlo on at the end of last season and let him sign an entire squad.  By only giving him 7 games it is confirmed that we never had any confidence in him in the first place - which makes the decision to keep him even more baffling...

15 hours ago, Aladdin said:

Whilst the right move, what the f**k was the point of allowing him to sign a load of players over the summer on 2 year deals then give him less than a quarter of the season?

An absolutely farcical situation.