Dundee United 2018/2019

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

We will have to agree to disagree, not for the first time.

On this season alone the performances have been sub-standard against mainly poor teams.  Even ignoring the League Cup performances, despite it being a major competition, the performances in the league have been woeful.

The only league game I have missed was QotS, so I cannot comment but otherwise we have been very poor against weak competition.  His claim after the game on Saturday that his formation worked was beyond laughable; it shows how clueless he is.   If we have a manager who is self-deluded about the effectiveness of formations and tactics I cannot see how things can possibly improve.

We had players quite capable of beating Morton on Saturday but the formation and tactics left us scrambling for a last minute equaliser.

People may be misled by the fact that we are only three points from the top spot, but we are sitting in fifth place (in a league of ten) and have yet to play County and Inverness the league's two best teams IMO.

It is all irrelevent anyway; Laszlo is going nowhere, even if we get beat on Saturday.  Doesn't make it any easier to accept.

Are we disagreeing? I'm simply pointing out that it's possible to reasonably hold a different view 

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Are we disagreeing? I'm simply pointing out that it's possible to reasonably hold a different view 

I’m not sure if you’re trying to troll me but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and respond.

Yes we are disagreeing.  Your first statement is that based on this season Laszlo doesn’t deserve the bullet; I disagree.  He thinks that his tactics worked on Saturday, therefore it is logical to assume that he will use these tactics again.  

He is utterly clueless and I cannot see him metamorphosing from a clueless idiot into a capable manager.

I fully accept that folk are entitled to hold different views.  There are folk who think Trump is a good guy and that May is doing a good job negotiating Brexit.  My view differs.

11 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Whooooa, steady on with that kind of talk on here, buster! :angry:

Edited by banana

5 hours ago, The DA said:

I wonder whether MM is deliberately trying to keep us down this season so that he can put us into admin, reclaim Tannadice and Gussie Park and build houses on them.

Rumour ends...

Could he not get things done by Friday? :angel

Surely to f**k this cant be ignored.

McDonald is a bit of a rocket and loves himself but the evidence for what he says is there for all to see.

And Laszlo has been for the whole time Martin has been here. Surely hes noticed?

Get him oot.

Eta if this quote finally gets rid of Laszlo ill write a letter of thanks to McDonald. An A4 sheet just saying "Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you" etc.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Well it has only taken four months but Scott McDonald has finally "lifted the lid" on Laszlo. Calls him bonkers and are any of us surprised? The momentum against Laszlo seems to be ramping up quite considerably after last Saturday's chants and now this. Can he survive the day?

Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 07.11.32.png

Breaking News!!!

Mcdonald in 'Laszlo is fucking mental' sensation!!

In other breaking news.... oxygen is vital to sustain life on Earth, smoking is in fact bad for you , and Dundee FC are utter shite.....

Six games in and it is looking more and more likely that this Championship season is going to be as tight and as unpredictable as we all thought it might be. Every single team in the division will drop points and go on poor runs of form. The flip side of that is that the league is absolutely winnable and the fact that we are only two points off top spot whilst simultaneously being pretty shit is madness. As most of us have mentioned, the next three fixtures will have a massive bearing on the season and will once and for all decide what Laszlo's future might be. If he can navigate through these games with 6 or 7 points then I can see the board giving him the whole of the second quarter (barring an absolute disaster).