Dundee United 2018/2019

Jerry Kerr was United's manager when I first started going to football, Tommy Pearson was The Dons' manager, Scot Symon was at Ibrox, Jock Stein was Dunfermline's boss, Jimmy McGrory was at Celtic, Willie Waddell at Kilmarnock, Tommy Walker at Hearts, Bob Shankly at Dundee and Bobby Brown at St Johnstone. Can't remember the rest!

Just now, UnitedLoon63 said:

Shabba out and Neilson in I’d say

Actually think we have a squad capable of achieving promotion if we got rid of this fraud.

Would like to see this line up when Stanton and Clark are back fit

Rakovan
Watson Frans Bouhenna Booth
Aird Stanton Fyvie King
Clark Safranko

Hopefully Booth would perform better in a conventional role, Loemba would need to up his game to challenge for a spot and McMullan 50/50 starter with King.

Otherwise I reckon you’ve nailed it.

9 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Worse than Brewster, indeed. Behave yourself. You might to reacquaint yourself with Brewster's record.

I'd also want to consider the relative merits of Smith, Hegarty, Chisholm and Mixu if we're looking at 'worst managers' post McLean (I've no idea whether there are any stand-out duds before then). McNamara would probably get a pass for as shite as he was towards the end he did also oversee some of the best football we've seen for decades and made a fortune in transfer fees prior to that. When he left there was still plenty of time to rescue the situation. 

What makes him better than Brewster in that case? Do you remember the style of football? I do. It was garbage but not like this. This is a special kind of garbage. Win records are all good till you look at the level each manager was working at.

We were one of, if not the top spenders last season, in the second tier. We went from 1st to utter abject shite after Csaba took over with a few part time teams thrown in too. Now we're still in the top couple of spenders and look like the same problems are there.

All the managers you state were in the top league with Deadco in there too. 

Also, as stated, Brewster also brought in a few good players and some of which went on to lift the cup. And the guy who stated the names missed out Darren Dods btw.

Im by no means saying that Brewster, Chisholm et al were any good - they were all awful - just not as bad as the present imbicile. 

Hopefully Booth would perform better in a conventional role, Loemba would need to up his game to challenge for a spot and McMullan 50/50 starter with King.
Otherwise I reckon you’ve nailed it.

Was undecided on left midfield, just think Shambles would prefer King but wouldn’t mind seeing McMullan either

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

At a guess I would say that a manager of a fellow Scottish FA member club has made a statement about Dundee United that relates to John Souttar and that United think is derogatory and misleading.

Dont know who or what but maybe they’ve jumped the gun.  

The first thing the club should have done IMO is contact said manager and asked if he did make such a statement.

Ah, here we go ..

"People said he wasn't tough enough to be a centre-half," Levein said on Monday. "John has always been a centre-half.

"I'm not being disrespectful but United nearly ruined his career. They played him at right-back, left-back and centre-midfield. It's quite confusing for a young player when you are being moved into three or four different places, and no-one has got your back.

"United sold all their best players and John was left behind, and became an easy target."

Maybe a little over dramatic but not wrong and not unfair. It's never nice when someone calls you out on your mistakes but there's no point arguing when the criticism is essentially correct.