Dundee United 2018/2019

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I know I'm probably clutching, but is there any possibility Csaba is trying to get fired?

Surely even he couldn't have thought that was going to work today?

He probably did think it would work.  He probably reckons he’s a tactical genius who is let down by bad players.

We could have played a conventional 4-4-2 today and won against an awful Morton side; we had the players in the squad to do that.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

He probably did think it would work.  He probably reckons he’s a tactical genius who is let down by bad players.

We could have played a conventional 4-4-2 today and won against an awful Morton side; we had the players in the squad to do that.

If it’s any consolation I know another manager just like that :(

Stumigoo mentioned it recently, but my main gripe with Csaba is just how fucking boring we are to watch under him.  Even McKinnon’s team was more exciting. A lot more exciting. I’m not arsed if we win/lose/draw anymore, I’ve accepted we’re rubbish, all I’d like to see is a team that at least tries to play positive, fast, attacking football.

3 hours ago, chazas_ said:

Stumigoo mentioned it recently, but my main gripe with Csaba is just how fucking boring we are to watch under him.  Even McKinnon’s team was more exciting. A lot more exciting. I’m not arsed if we win/lose/draw anymore, I’ve accepted we’re rubbish, all I’d like to see is a team that at least tries to play positive, fast, attacking football.

Allan Johnston is your man for that. He also has a fairly good track record with a number of your players, yours for £2.50 

Edited by Adam101

I’m wondering if the sporadic shouting yesterday will translate into something more organised if things don’t improve over the next few games.

Next week we play a team who haven’t picked up a single point, even if they are at home we should be targeting a win and that won’t happen with yesterday’s personnel, tactics and formation (I use the words tactics and formation lightly).

The clowns calling for Thomson’s head last year deserved ridicule, but I can see a concerted campaign against Martin developing if things don’t improve quickly.  After all Laszlo is only there thanks to Martin.

We had a 3pm Saturday kick off with just over 4,000 home fans.  Any chairman not concerned about that is not doing his job.

30 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Hopefully the 18 points per quarter target mentioned by stumigoo is what is being adhered to here, there’s no chance that’s being achieved and I think that is as long as we can afford for him to be left in charge.

If we lose to Falkirk, which I fully expect us to, it will already be unattainable after 6 games.

Csaba has got to go, he’s a moron! The formation we were playing yesterday was a complete embarrassment, can clearly see he has watched the Man City documentary by pushing both full backs in to centre mid when we have the ball so our wingers get more width, all i ask from United is to get entertained, we have been entertained for 3 seasons now, I’m so so close to packing it in

25 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

These are my thoughts from yesterday (here). Essentially it reads "f**k off Laszlo".

Excellent summation in your blog.

Thought the goalie sold himself at the pen.; unfair to give Aird a 5 when not his fault; if Booth doesn’t improve we will need to bring Robson back in (did I just type that?).

Who is the real villain, Laszlo or Martin?

Guest DAVIDB69

We are slipping into very average for this league, yes we will get the play offs again probably . But just can’t see us finishing ahead of both Inverness and Ross county to be champions.