Dundee United 2018/2019

15 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Absolutely no surprise. Old, unfit, expensive, unlikely to want to move, unlikely to fit into preferred system. 

I loved Swanson but the clamour to re-sign him is 90% sentimental. No doubt there'll be some loons out there still pining for Morgaro Gomis as well.

Get over it, people.

Aye. Cause King, McMullan and Smith are better options. 

47 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Apparantly we've turned down Swanson. 

Yes you read that right.

WE turned Danny Swanson down.

The story was in the S*n tbf.

Can’t say I’m disappointed with that.  He certainly had his day but it’s time to move on.

10 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Can’t say I’m disappointed with that.  He certainly had his day but it’s time to move on.

It's a recurring theme for Swanson.  County were offered him but weren't interested either.

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Have you not heard? 

Hes over 30 and useless now. And hes become a mix of Mad Gav Gunning and Kuate.

Oh he'd probably be useless for us, the way the cookie has crumbled in recent years.

23 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Absolutely no surprise. Old, unfit, expensive, unlikely to want to move, unlikely to fit into preferred system. 

I loved Swanson but the clamour to re-sign him is 90% sentimental. No doubt there'll be some loons out there still pining for Morgaro Gomis as well.

Get over it, people.

12 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

It's a recurring theme for Swanson.  County were offered him but weren't interested either.

Worth remembering that in 2016/17 he hit double figures in goals and assists in the top flight. 

2 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Scott Allardice has joined us on loan lads. We played with a striker and an attacking midfielder in defence at the weekend (and duly shipped three goals to Brechin) so I'd imagine he'll be straight in on Saturday.

Any good?

Potential to be a half decent player.  Still young though and I don't think most Arabs will have anything other than a "meh" opinion. 

6 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Potential to be a half decent player.  Still young though and I don't think most Arabs will have anything other than a "meh" opinion. 

Given how much seethe I see from Arabs on Twitter directed at players I'll take meh. Meh's certainly better than Ross Perry.

Take it Sam Stanton is still amazing?

23 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Given how much seethe I see from Arabs on Twitter directed at players I'll take meh. Meh's certainly better than Ross Perry.

Take it Sam Stanton is still amazing?

Injured atm so won't know until he gets a run of games. Played the first few games on the right of the midfield though where he's not at his best obviously 

Just now, ArabianKnight said:

Injured atm so won't know until he gets a run of games. Played the first few games on the right of the midfield though where he's not at his best obviously 

We tried him on the wing for a bit. It was a total waste of time.

I hope he continues to rip it up when he's back fit. One of the best players we've had in recent years once he got going :wub:

Scott Allardice has joined us on loan lads. We played with a striker and an attacking midfielder in defence at the weekend (and duly shipped three goals to Brechin) so I'd imagine he'll be straight in on Saturday.
Any good?

I do rate him, but I recommend going to the East Fife forum for a proper opinion as they saw him play last season at that level. Though from what I saw he strolled it.

9 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Yeah “meh” for me but hopefully will improve.  We have a dearth of good young players coming through compared to a few seasons ago.  Just one of many of the issues that we have to endure at the moment.