Dundee United 2018/2019

For a full debrief you can have a read of this match review - Link
But in short - Good first half, poor second half. Loemba very good and the new striker looked like he will be a strong player for us. I really liked the shape in the first 45 but we ended up playing a 451 for most of the second half and that was rubbish.

Great stuff mate!

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

How much longer is Booth out? Just want Robson gone.

Tin hat on here but it would be good if people get off Robsons back. He is only 20  and still learning the game under a total fruit loop of a manager. He will make mistakes but instead of giving him abuse why not try encourage him. With Loemba being more attacking style he gets left isolated against two players a lot of the time yesterday and at end of the game was against 4 men with QOS  trying to equalise!!

49 minutes ago, Coupar Al said:

Tin hat on here but it would be good if people get off Robsons back. He is only 20  and still learning the game under a total fruit loop of a manager. He will make mistakes but instead of giving him abuse why not try encourage him. With Loemba being more attacking style he gets left isolated against two players a lot of the time yesterday and at end of the game was against 4 men with QOS  trying to equalise!!

I'm assuming you mean at the match? Yeah, I don't see any benefit to that other than a mouth foamer getting out their frustration. It doesn't help the player.

I occasionally tut mildly as Robson shanks the ball out of the play for the 5th time.

If footballers actively read football forums and social media about themselves and get triggered by people discussing their performances then they need to be a bit more professional and delete these sites.

So does anyone know when Booth is expected to be back? I can't find anything regarding his injury. 

Fyvie Fraser must be very close to a return too.

57 minutes ago, Coupar Al said:

I don’t think Robson is good enough and would be happy if he never pulled on a shirt for us again.  The thing is he has been a first team regular for a while and shows no sign of improving.

That said ‘fans’ who boo and shout abuse at players during a game are mouth breathing morons.

Some young players have great technical ability but a poor attitude.

Some have a great attitude but poor technical ability.

A few have both. See Andy Robertson.

I'm not really sure what Robson has but I hope he becomes a superstar.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

Just now, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Some young players have great technical ability but a poor attitude.

Some have a great attitude but poor technical ability.

A few have both. See Andy Robertson.

I'm not really sure what Robson has but I hope he becomes a superstar.

A technical attitude, but great poor ability?

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

A technical attitude, but great poor ability?

Thinking about it, he must have a good attitude to have been given a 2 year deal despite some poor performances. Laszlo must see something in training.

I don't think any fan wants to see one of their players fail, particularly a local lad. Hopefully Robson improves with the help of his more experienced team mates.

He certainly isn't ready to be a first team regular now and I think a loan move would have been better for him rather than the burden of playing in a team under pressure. That is Laszlo's fault.

I thought he came across humble and willing to learn in his Arabzone interview. Hopefully Venom-gate was just a very stupid mistake and he realises how lucky he is to be a professional footballer.

The only other thing I know about Jamie is that his dad is called Alan and lives in the largest town between Dundee and Blairgowrie... :whistle

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Thinking about it, he must have a good attitude to have been given a 2 year deal despite some poor performances. Laszlo must see something in training.

I don't think any fan wants to see one of their players fail, particularly a local lad. Hopefully Robson improves with the help of his more experienced team mates.

He certainly isn't ready to be a first team regular now and I think a loan move would have been better for him rather than the burden of playing in a team under pressure. That is Laszlo's fault.

I thought he came across humble and willing to learn in his Arabzone interview. Hopefully Venom-gate was just a very stupid mistake and he realises how lucky he is to be a professional footballer.

The only other thing I know about Jamie is that his dad is called Alan and lives in the largest town between Dundee and Blairgowrie... :whistle

Haha can state now I’m not his dad but I do stay in the same town as him. Don’t know his dad personally but see him going about. I would just like to see a local lad make it in the game as the last one from our town was Alan Gilzean. Agree that going out on loan would help him as there would be less pressure on him and would help him develop as a defender.

I see we have that Challenge Cup nonsense on Wednesday. 

I have never attended one of these matches and never will under it's current format (or probably any format tbqhwy). What about everyone else?

Would love all the grounds up and down the country to be empty for these games.

40 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I have never attended one of these matches and never will under it's current format (or probably any format tbqhwy). What about everyone else?

Ours will be empty after the third goal is conceded imo.

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I did not attend any the first year as we were playing primarily first team players.  Last year I attended as we were using it as a tournament for our young players and are doing so again this time around.  Having a competition where the youngsters have a chance of competing for silverware is a good thing.  Involving teams from outwith Scotland is farcical.