Dundee United 2018/2019

16 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

That was my first thought. Considering he had barely played, I would expect we would have been easy to deal with if someone had made a request. 

Well...yes. It's obvious that Laszlo wants rid of Keatings for whatever reason, so for United to not let him leave would be, even by the recent standards of Dundee United, rather perverse.

27 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

That was my first thought. Considering he had barely played, I would expect we would have been easy to deal with if someone had made a request. 

10 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Well...yes. It's obvious that Laszlo wants rid of Keatings for whatever reason, so for United to not let him leave would be, even by the recent standards of Dundee United, rather perverse.

If there’s a genuine demand from another club we may be holding out for a transfer fee.

ETA won’t be surprised if he goes late on for a nominal fee or if that doesn’t happen he becomes a free agent after the window.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 hour ago, chazas_ said:

I think Keatings is probably the only player we have who offers any real quality at this level, albeit we’ve very rarely seen it yet from him in a United shirt. I’d really hoped to see him firing this season.

I think suggesting he's shown it rarely is being rather generous. Presumably your assessment is based on his performances for Hamilton, Hearts and Hibs. Certainly he's never shown anything positive for United.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

If there’s a genuine demand from another club we may be holding out for a transfer fee.

ETA won’t be surprised if he goes late on for a nominal fee or if that doesn’t happen he becomes a free agent after the window.

If there's genuine demand from another club the only thing holding him back is a pay-off. There's no chance we're getting any sort of fee.

Maybe or could he be one of the “troublemakers” to call CL out for his nonsense and now paying for it?

Regardless of whether that’s the case or not, that should not be your reaction. He should be getting on with it and showing everyone there why he should be in the team.

Tbh i really have sympathy for Keatings. Depression is a horrible illness and i wouldnt wish it on anyone. I sincerely hope he learns to live with it and become stronger for it.

And with the changes in the club and especially having to deal with Laszlo cant be easy considering it was the previous manager and chairman who brought him here.

BUUUUT

Changes like this happen in the workplace.

He gets paid loads of cash to play football.

How many times has he played footbyall for us?

How many times out of those has he done anything of any note?

I dont know if hes fallen out with Csaba or Csaba has taken a dislike to him or whatever but im sure Keatings will fire it up on Instagram when its all resolved. And he will be absolutely zero loss when he goes as hes done nothing for us. He will do well to remember hes getting paid in the region of a grand to a grand and a half a week to train w1 1ith kids about 4 half days a week or something.

Hes in with the Under 20s because he called Laszlo out for his shite training, tactics etc. He also called him a liar in front of the rest of the players regarding clubs coming in for him. Laszlo stated that nobody came in yet Keatings has had 3 different managers call him personally to say they had contacted Utd with a bid. They had problems previously but this just escalated things. He went into training and all his gear had been taken away and put with the Under 20s squad

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Hes in with the Under 20s because he called Laszlo out for his shite training, tactics etc. He also called him a liar in front of the rest of the players regarding clubs coming in for him. Laszlo stated that nobody came in yet Keatings has had 3 different managers call him personally to say they had contacted Utd with a bid. They had problems previously but this just escalated things. He went into training and all his gear had been taken away and put with the Under 20s squad

Another reason to get fucking Shambles out then. 

You able to shed any light on the 3 strikes and you’re out story, and whether it’s true or not?