Dundee United 2018/2019

24 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I logged on to my twitter account for only the second time to register my vote That's an outrageous thing to suggest. This was a poll for Dundee Utd fans. 

These polls can be hacked by outside influences in order to push the result in the direction that said outsiders want to see. 

The outcome of the poll should be treated with suspicion. 

1 hour ago, CaspianChris said:

These polls can be hacked by outside influences in order to push the result in the direction that said outsiders want to see. 

The outcome of the poll should be treated with suspicion. 

I'd imagine most people who vote on polls regarding Dundee United are fans of one of two teams that play in blue rather than glorious tangerine, going by the almost instantaneous replies to United's Twitter posts when we lose, draw or concede a goal.

Could be wrong though. ;)

Guest DAVIDB69

With being out of the bed Fred cup surely we can bring forward a league game against someone else out rather than have a ridiculous free Saturday on third week

6 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

With being out of the bed Fred cup surely we can bring forward a league game against someone else out rather than have a ridiculous free Saturday on third week

I agree but it won't happen.

Then we'll have loads of matches called off in winter again.

12 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

Motherwell and Gretna who can forget the dreadful state of that Fir Park pitch, it looked like a herd of carthorses had attempted dressage on it.  I am pretty sure Motherwell got fined over it.

I might be wrong but I think Gretna set records for the lowest ever top flight crowds.

There was also ICT sharing with Aberdeen.

Tues/Wed night game against ICT it was attendance of 431 according to wikipedia:

Lowest attendance: 431, Gretna v Inverness CT, 5 April 2008

13 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

1,733 votes in a podcast poll.  Aye, right - that’s definitely legitimate.

As previously stated you just don’t know who is voting in these types of polls.

For a more accurate result they should have just asked the United fans at the Alloa match.  OK you would have had a lower number of votes but you can’t have everything.

Edited by Shadow Play

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

As previously stated you just don’t know who is voting in these types of polls.

For a more accurate result they should have just asked the United fans at the Alloa match.  OK you would have had a lower number of votes but you can’t have everything.

I reckon it would be about 99% Laszlo out.

6 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Tues/Wed night game against ICT it was attendance of 431 according to wikipedia:

Lowest attendance: 431, Gretna v Inverness CT, 5 April 2008

Ah Gretna. Of course they beat a decent United side home and away that season. I remember being in the main stand at Motherwell and a win would send us top of the league. We lost 3-2 :lol: 

The second game through in Motherwell was postponed about 4 times and it was being decided on a daily basis whether it could go ahead or not. I think it finally went ahead on a Thursday night.

It was also carnage on here when they went bust. Not quite Rangers levels but pretty close.

As much as MM AND SL seems to be muppets he's being backed by the board in terms of funds and signings. What baffles me is we have no clear long term signing policy or governance around the players being brought in. Ok, Luggy is now there but I cannot see him or Bow rubber stamping some 3rd rate Congolese / Belgium player. The whole point in having this new scouting network was to identify players from the English lower leagues that have a sell on value that Motherwell and Inverness (under butcher & yogi) did successfully in recent times - not one person that I can read has called bullshit on this whole set up and the way its operating.

IMG_6991.jpg
Hopefully he’s a good signing and not another Paddy N’Koyi.

I can see maybe two more signings and that’s it. A target man and centre half if we can somehow punt either Edge or Scobbie. Would have liked to see a creative midfielder also but can’t see it happening.