Dundee United 2018/2019

9 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Was United fans feeling about Ellis? Part of the problem or doing a good job? 

I've been thinking about this a fair bit the past couple of days given the utter mess we've made of this league cup group. From what I've seen and heard, Ellis still seems to be held in relatively high regard by our fans after his caretaker spell last year.  However that still only amounted to two wins in two games, although they were probably the most encouraging performances of our season. The win against St. Mirren at Tannadice was night and day to most of what had come before and almost all of what came after.

By all accounts Ellis wasn't interested in the manager's job permanently after McKinnon's sacking. Even if he's had a change of heart I'm having a hard time reconciling myself to the idea of promoting someone who has been a part of two failed coaching teams at United now.

Not that I have any helpful suggestions at this point as to who could come in when Laszlo eventually gets punted.

9 minutes ago, captainkev said:

By all accounts Ellis wasn't interested in the manager's job permanently after McKinnon's sacking. 

If he has had a change of heart from this then I would be willing to see how he would get on having seen some positive signs at that point.

However I would also not be against having a complete overhaul if a competent and efficient management team was to be appointed, which might be best for all concerned as there would be no links to previous failed regimes.

I’m surprised to see all this support of Ellis, while he seemingly galvanised the team during his interim period I don’t think he’s the answer and if he were appointed I couldn’t see how we could take the leadership of the club more seriously than we do now. We continue to “play” at a promotion attempt making one ill informed decision after another and for me Ellis would be another one of those. Clearly Laszlo is unfit for the role but I couldn’t get behind an Ellis appointment either, it would need to be someone new but unlikely to happen at this stage. We seem to have got the backroom staff correct with Easton and Robertson as part of a longer term plan, sadly we didn’t make the most important decision of all - a first team appointment.

19 hours ago, dregs 83 said:

If it is too expensive to sack him them put him and the other twat on gardening leave and put one/ a combination of Ellis, Robertson, Easton or luggy in charge. It would not be possible for them to do a worse job.

It won't cost any less to put them on gardening leave than punting them now and paying up their contracts.  

I hope you do neither, though.

I understand the reservations that folk have about Ellis and the ideal scenario would be to punt Laszlo and bring in an experienced manager.

However if the money is not there to do this I would prefer Ellis to Laszlo.

There is no indication that the board are considering a share issue to raise funds.  I reckon that may be needed to address our immediate issue with Laszlo.

28 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I understand the reservations that folk have about Ellis and the ideal scenario would be to punt Laszlo and bring in an experienced manager.

However if the money is not there to do this I would prefer Ellis to Laszlo.

There is no indication that the board are considering a share issue to raise funds.  I reckon that may be needed to address our immediate issue with Laszlo.

Csaba being put on other duties (suggestions please) would not cost us anything and Ellis/ Robertson/ Easton being put in charge would be an immediate improvement for morale.

The fact is that Mike Martin rates Laszlo for some unfathomable reason. If it was based on internet polls of Arabs (as everything should be) he would have been out the door months ago.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

If the buffoon Laszlo fails to beat Elgin City on Saturday is fair to demand a public sacking at Borough Briggs immediately after the full time whistle, followed by a public flogging up and down Elgin High street several times before being told never to darken Tannadice Street ever again.

Am I maybe being to harsh with him.

An Elgin fan on Twitter thinking that my criticisim of Laszlo and his idiotic struggle to beat Elgin is fear of Elgin.  There is no fear of Elgin but there is of Lazslo and his incompetence.

Aye. Arabs still filled with that "hope and optimism" for the season ahead(!?) Not even August and in complete disarray. Positively soiling themselves at the prospect of not beating lil ole Elgin City.

5 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

An Elgin fan on Twitter thinking that my criticisim of Laszlo and his idiotic struggle to beat Elgin is fear of Elgin.  There is no fear of Elgin but there is of Lazslo and his incompetence.

Aye. Arabs still filled with that "hope and optimism" for the season ahead(!?) Not even August and in complete disarray. Positively soiling themselves at the prospect of not beating lil ole Elgin City.

A good time to remember my favourite Elgin City moment.

I don't have fear of Elgin. If Laszlo is still in charge on Saturday I hope they pump us.

12 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I don't have fear of Elgin. If Laszlo is still in charge on Saturday I hope they pump us.

She'd probably give a more coherent, less rambly post-match analysis that Shabba. You should put her on the manager rota. I think Granny Danger is in charge in September IIRC, I'm doing it for October-November but Lady Eccied Elgin could see you through the festive period. 

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

She'd probably give a more coherent, less rambly post-match analysis that Shabba. You should put her on the manager rota. I think Granny Danger is in charge in September IIRC, I'm doing it for October-November but Lady Eccied Elgin could see you through the festive period. 

It's my birthday in January, a month in charge at Tannadice would be a great present. I'll bring attacking football and absolutely batshit, rambling interviews. 

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Like our beloved Danger, was it use of the BSD at your leisure that convinced you to accept the position (pardon the pun)?

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

29 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

If Elgin win on Saturday, and we cannot rule that out as a possibility, then we will finish bottom of the group.

14 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Me being in charge is the only scenario where things could be worse than under Laszlo.