Dundee United 2018/2019

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Having brought in Laszlo’s assistant in the summer it has to be appreciated that any payoff will now be bigger than before.

I can only assume that Mike Martin’s involvement with United is driven by unadulterated ego.  Otherwise why buy a major stake (now a controlling stake) in a club that is £5m in debt when you don’t have the money to affect change or a plan to raise capital.

Getting shot of Laszlo in the summer, even if it had big financial consequences, was an absolute no brainer.  Sadly the only person who could not see that was the person who had a the power to do something about it.

Clearly either a bam, or holding out on Csaba walking away. That's not going to happen though, Csaba will hold onto this last payday like an Overgate seagull with a stolen Greggs steak bake. 

Good morning everyone.
"Nighty night" indeed.
It seems the vile bully couldn't sleep last night. This time calling poor [mention=39917]The Grass Is Greener.[/mention] a "c**t" around midnight (see the Heads Gone thread on General Nonsense).
It was in full view of the forum this time rather than by PM however.
Is this progress? Will draping a scarf around a defenceless cat and taking a photo make this all okay? Maybe for someone with a warped mind but I'm not sure TGIG will recover so easily.
As with all the others who have experienced vile abuse on this football forum (I repeat a football forum) I am hear if you have suffered and need to chat.
While we have all had a laugh (and that's good in any healing process), this sort of thing has to stop. Of course there will be occasions where someone has lashed out on here- these things happen and no one is perfect- but for this to be occurring constantly towards multiple posters it then becomes very troubling IMO.
Some things are more important than football.
A helpful website for anyone viewing this that requires support is:
www.stoponlineabuse.org.uk
That's all I'm going to say on the matter.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday. I'm off to The Open. 
Laszlo Out.

Fucking hell Bit of a drama queen are you no?

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Good morning everyone.

"Nighty night" indeed.

It seems the vile bully couldn't sleep last night. This time calling poor @The Grass Is Greener. a "c**t" around midnight (see the Heads Gone thread on General Nonsense).

Is this progress? Will draping a scarf around a defenceless cat and taking a photo make this all okay? Maybe for someone with a warped mind but I'm not sure TGIG will recover so easily.

As with all the others who have experienced vile abuse on this football forum (I repeat a football forum) I am hear if you have suffered and need to chat.

While we have all had a laugh (and that's good in any healing process), this sort of thing has to stop. Of course there will be occasions where someone has lashed out on here- these things happen and no one is perfect- but for this to be occurring constantly towards multiple posters it then becomes very troubling IMO.

Laszlo Out.

It's how it is with people online dishing out abuse it's because they're safe.

They wouldn't indulge in similar behaviour on the street as they'll see themselves as just ordinary and reasonable people but give them the Internet.

Personally I don't know the ins and outs of your post but fair play for posting your point of view.

2 minutes ago, Potted hOuGh said:

It's how it is with people online dishing out abuse it's because they're safe.

They wouldn't indulge in similar behaviour on the street as they'll see themselves as just ordinary and reasonable people but give them the Internet.

Personally I don't know the ins and outs of your post but fair play for posting your point of view.

It's because if they did it in the real world, they'd end up with detention or their maw would skelp them.

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

It's because if they did it in the real world, they'd end up with detention or their maw would skelp them.

Bit more complex than that being honest.

People are accountable online however a lot don't seem to think so. The Law is catching up with the Internet with individuals being charged.

Of course the Law also affects the owners of the site being used, hence Mods and Admin.

Thing is with 'banter' online is that it's often misinterpreted or indeed it's actually abuse.  Quite sad when you read about it actually driving some young folk to suicide in extreme cases.

Anyway, side tracked.  Pars playing away so big breakfast required.

14 minutes ago, Potted hOuGh said:

Bit more complex than that being honest.

People are accountable online however a lot don't seem to think so. The Law is catching up with the Internet with individuals being charged.

Of course the Law also affects the owners of the site being used, hence Mods and Admin.

Thing is with 'banter' online is that it's often misinterpreted or indeed it's actually abuse.  Quite sad when you read about it actually driving some young folk to suicide in extreme cases.

Anyway, side tracked.  Pars playing away so big breakfast required.

By and large though, any online punishment would be what? Post removal or a virtual slap on the wrist. Far less severe than big mick breaking your jaw because you called him a c**t. 

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:

By and large though, any online punishment would be what? Post removal or a virtual slap on the wrist. Far less severe than big mick breaking your jaw because you called him a c**t. 

Well cards on the table here. 

Parentage and mental health being questioned, mulitple singular abusive terms, suggested sexual abuse toward a posters parent, vile accusations toward innocent individuals etc you name it, it's there.

How does any of that constitute 'banter'?

Mere fact is it doesn't and you're correct in  your assessment about 'big mick', although violence solves nothing.

3 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Good morning everyone.

"Nighty night" indeed.

It seems the vile bully couldn't sleep last night. This time calling poor @The Grass Is Greener. a "c**t" around midnight (see the Heads Gone thread on General Nonsense).

Laszlo Out.

*here

5 minutes ago, Potted hOuGh said:

Well cards on the table here. 

Parentage and mental health being questioned, mulitple singular abusive terms, suggested sexual abuse toward a posters parent, vile accusations toward innocent individuals etc you name it, it's there.

How does any of that constitute 'banter'?

Mere fact is it doesn't and you're correct in  your assessment about 'big mick', although violence solves nothing.

I tend to find that behavior breeds similar behavior. I get along with a lot of Dunfermline posters. Piracy on the other hand was a third rate troll, and a dick with a habit of handing it out and whining when he got it handed back. Since you are not he, haha, I have no issue with you until you decide to give me one. 

In broad terms, there is a line that gets crossed from time to time. The issue online in general is that it's a line that each individual draws for themselves. If most of us acted on here the way we would act towards a stranger on the street, it would be a dull place. 

What's in an internet name, it's irrelevant you're all kidding on you're someone else.

You're right about deciding where the line is and it was crossed twice the other night.  But it's not ma baw but I'll challenge it when I see it.

What you also see is disparage and deflect being used a fair bit on Forums. Basic stuff. 

I only opened this thread to see the reaction to the total minter of a signing video for Watson, I didn't expect to end up going through 20+ pages of cranial detachment.

It's genuinely impressive that no matter how bad Dundee United get on the pitch, Dundee fans on here somehow still manage to be infinitely more embarrassing.

Yesterday the first half was fine, not good but fine, we played some nice stuff and despite some shaky moments could have had the game comfortably buried. I thought Barton looked like the best technical footballer we’ve had for years, his awareness and composure was great, Stanton(despite again being played out of position on the right) looked lively as always and keatings and aird also had their moments.

Second half was nothing short of a disgrace and 100% down to the manager, don’t really know where to begin or end but some of my favourites are, having Barton on for 90 mins despite the fact he was clearly done after 50, removing both strikers and putting 2ft 4 winger Paul McMullan up front by himself even after we conceded a goal, having Stuart murdoch take the first penalty, not leaving anyone up top on opposition corners... I’ve said before I think this team is capable of doing well in this league, probably even finishing first, but not with this buffoon in charge.

The desire was there from the players yesterday, but there was no discipline, shape or game plan, people were just left to do what they wanted (which is probably why Barton was playing box to box in the first half and absolutely fucked in the second) you saw aird constantly switching sides and moving into the middle of the park, Declan glass giving the ball away after just running at people and countless sideway passes before it got given back to edge who just lumped it forward.

If it is too expensive to sack him them put him and the other twat on gardening leave and put one/ a combination of Ellis, Robertson, Easton or luggy in charge. It would not be possible for them to do a worse job.