Dundee United 2018/2019

I really was hoping to see an improvement in results and performances after Csaba had been given the backing to put his own squad together over the summer.

However the shocking performance against Arbroath was no better than what was seen last season.  Despite not making County or Alloa games from what I have seen said about it it appears things have remained equally dire.

I am in no rush to see managers being needlessly sacked but my confidence in Csaba is now reaching zero and I wonder when not if he should be replaced.

I fear a poor start to the season will mean not just mean missing out on challenging for the league, but also worse case scenario is failing to reach the playoffs and another season in the Championship. 

Despite my concerns I will not walk away and will look to get my season ticket sorted this week.

7 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

I really was hoping to see an improvement in results and performances after Csaba had been given the backing to put his own squad together over the summer.

However the shocking performance against Arbroath was no better than what was seen last season.  Despite not making County or Alloa games from what I have seen said about it it appears things have remained equally dire.

I am in no rush to see managers being needlessly sacked but my confidence in Csaba is now reaching zero and I wonder when not if he should be replaced.

I fear a poor start to the season will mean not just mean missing out on challenging for the league, but also worse case scenario is failing to reach the playoffs and another season in the Championship. 

Despite my concerns I will not walk away and will look to get my season ticket sorted this week.

I'll reiterate a point of view I stressed the other week on here, claim back your club.

At least then you'll all maybe see improvements.

Even though such things should at least for now remain confidential, I would find it interesting to know the boards thought on Csaba and the farcical start to the season he has made.

Given the funding made available for not just playing but also backroom staff changes I wonder how much time the board will afford him to show that he can perform this season, the signs are anything but positive so far.

I wonder if the board have quietly discussed any contingency plans about replacing Csaba in the early stages of the league season if this disastrous run of form and results continues into league games.

It may be a large amount of compensation due to get rid of Csaba and his staff, along with the appointment of a new manager and any backroom staff they choose to appoint.  Is it going to be any worse than the cost of another failed promotion attempt though and loss of income of remaining out the premiership another year.

Edited by CaspianChris

Good morning everyone.

"Nighty night" indeed.

It seems the vile bully couldn't sleep last night. This time calling poor @The Grass Is Greener. a "c**t" around midnight (see the Heads Gone thread on General Nonsense).

It was in full view of the forum this time rather than by PM however.

Is this progress? Will draping a scarf around a defenceless cat and taking a photo make this all okay? Maybe for someone with a warped mind but I'm not sure TGIG will recover so easily.

As with all the others who have experienced vile abuse on this football forum (I repeat a football forum) I am hear if you have suffered and need to chat.

While we have all had a laugh (and that's good in any healing process), this sort of thing has to stop. Of course there will be occasions where someone has lashed out on here- these things happen and no one is perfect- but for this to be occurring constantly towards multiple posters it then becomes very troubling IMO.

Some things are more important than football.

A helpful website for anyone viewing this that requires support is:

www.stoponlineabuse.org.uk

That's all I'm going to say on the matter.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday. I'm off to The Open. 

Laszlo Out.

5 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

Even though such things should at least for now remain confidential, I would find it interesting to know the boards thought on Csaba and the farcical start to the season he has made.

Given the funding made available for not just playing but also backroom staff changes I wonder how much time the board will afford him to show that he can perform this season, the signs are anything but positive so far.

I wonder if the board have quietly discussed any contingency plans about replacing Csaba in the early stages of the league season if this disastrous run of form and results continues into league games.

It may be a large amount of compensation due to get rid of Csaba and his staff, along with the appointment of a new manager and any backroom staff they choose to appoint.  Is it going to be any worse than the cost of another failed promotion attempt though and loss of income of remaining out the premiership another year.

Having brought in Laszlo’s assistant in the summer it has to be appreciated that any payoff will now be bigger than before.

I can only assume that Mike Martin’s involvement with United is driven by unadulterated ego.  Otherwise why buy a major stake (now a controlling stake) in a club that is £5m in debt when you don’t have the money to affect change or a plan to raise capital.

Getting shot of Laszlo in the summer, even if it had big financial consequences, was an absolute no brainer.  Sadly the only person who could not see that was the person who had a the power to do something about it.