Dundee United 2018/2019

1 hour ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Where's the dayglo loyals today ?? emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Thanks for your concern bobby.

As you like to point out, 99% + of Dundee United's supporters live in outer Angus. Due to The Open at Carnoustie, travel to Tannadice was made extremely difficult due to traffic congestion. This led to only 1600 fans making it to the game for kick off, with thousands more locked outside at the final whistle.

This coupled with a disillusionment with our clown of a manager and a £15 gate price for a meaningless match meant today's crowd was low. Not Dundee in the league in 90s low, but low all the same.

Hope that answers your query bobby.

4 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

As you like to point out, 99% + of Dundee United's supporters live in outer Angus. Due to The Open at Carnoustie, travel to Tannadice was made extremely difficult due to traffic congestion. This led to only 1600 fans making it to the game for kick off, with thousands more locked outside at the final whistle.

This coupled with a disillusionment with our clown of a manager and a £15 gate price for a meaningless match meant today's crowd was low. Not Dundee in the league in 90s low, but low all the same.

Top prize goes to Szamo. He’s found a crumb of comfort supporting United after all.

4 minutes ago, K.T said:

What was the official attendance today btw? Willie Miller said there were less than 500 in the ground at kick off.

Oh, and congratulations on a well earned point today!

1659 supposedly.

Coincidentally the same number that will be in our Goals Against column at the end of September.

5 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Why do Utd lie about attendances? We can all see that attendance isn’t anything near 1600. 

Saw on your club’s twitter feed the 50/50 halftime draw was for £80 & £14 :lol:

It did. Also shows your heads going szammo [emoji6]

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Why do Utd lie about attendances? We can all see that attendance isn’t anything near 1600. 

Saw on your club’s twitter feed the 50/50 halftime draw was for £80 & £14 :lol:

Why would they do that?

Dundee United had two midweek attendances last season lower than their season ticket numbers.

Some teams include season ticket holders when they aren't at the match. Celtic, Falkirk, Dunfermline and Dundee for example.

I fail to see any reason why United would make up a figure for a League Cup group match.

I hope you'll retract your post.

11 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Why would they do that?

Dundee United had two midweek attendances last season lower than their season ticket numbers.

Some teams include season ticket holders when they aren't at the match. Celtic, Falkirk, Dunfermline and Dundee for example.

I fail to see any reason why United would make up a figure for a League Cup group match.

I hope you'll retract your post.

Crowds were regularly quoted as 5000 last season, anyone who saw any pictures/ footage know it’s a lie. Always trying to out do the big team. 

Are you seriously saying there was 1000 there? 

Edited by Yenitit

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Crowds were regularly quoted as 5000 last season, anyone who so any pictures/ footage know it’s a lie. 

Are you seriously saying there was 1000 there? 

I have no idea. I don't sit counting fans when I attend or watch football matches.

You should PM Mike Martin if it concerns you.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I have no idea. I don't sit counting fans when I attend or watch football matches.

You should PM Mike Martin if it concerns you.

Thank you.

Just find it laughable. The lies out that club is never ending. 

Next they’ll be saying an American consortium is going to buy the club just like the big team when it’s time to sell season tickets. 

Edited by Yenitit

We lose on penalties for the second week running to far smaller teams and all folk want to take a pop at us about is the attendance?

A loss against Elgin next week and against Dunfermline in the first league game and Laszlo’s position becomes untenable.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

We lose on penalties for the second week running to far smaller teams and all folk want to take a pop at us about is the attendance?

A loss against Elgin next week and against Dunfermline in the first league game and Laszlo’s position becomes untenable.

Its been untenable since he failed to get us promoted last season.

Its now a complete joke.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s simply not true. Both are being mocked in equal measures. 

7 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Just find it laughable. The lies out that club is never ending. 

Next they’ll be saying an American consortium is going to buy the club just like the big team when it’s time to sell season tickets. 

It's unfair to compare Dundee United with such an honourable institution like Dundee; a club with such an impeccable history of financial responsibility and morality.

When you've finished counting the attendees at Tannadice today let me know. I'd be interested to learn your findings. Hope it's not too time consuming.