Dundee United 2018/2019

34 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Whit?!

Why would a shit managerial appointment force your chairman who by all accounts has wrestled you free from the Baldy Snake, resign?! Madness. United fans seem to just love a boardroom shake-up these days. 

I will assume you are being serious.

Based on last year I do not know a single Arab on here or, more importantly, IRL who thought Laszlo should have been kept on; literally not one.

It was obvious to every Arab that I spoke with that he was totally useless.  Even folk who cut him some slack still believed he was not the man to get us back up.

Mike Martin came in and said he “has faith in” Laszlo; there was absolutely no explanation given as to why he had faith, no “I think Csaba Laszlo is the man because....”.

Martin had one important decision to make and he fucked it up.  There is no justification for his f**k up; no mitigating factors.  It was obvious to all that Laszlo was/is an awful manager.  I went to the game on Saturday against Arbroath and it was obvious that the formation wasn’t working; clear as daylight.  Yet Laszlo persevered, just as he did last season, and we lost the game.

I know Martin won’t go, but if we’re forced to make another managerial appointment a few months into the season, with all that entails, then it will be a shocking indictment of his stewardship.

40 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Whit?!

Why would a shit managerial appointment force your chairman who by all accounts has wrestled you free from the Baldy Snake, resign?! Madness. United fans seem to just love a boardroom shake-up these days. 

Oooft, what a state the wee team down the streets got themselves in - papped out the cup before the seasons even started & calling for the newly appointed chairman to quit.

Pleasing!

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Pish

Proof is in the pudding. I'm told he also missed a total sitter last night too? 

Sound familiar? 

Dont get me wrong here, Clark has some great skills but, he has some of the poorest conversion rates in the league. 

He had spilt opinions among Pars fans while with us and, this is another example here. 

Edited by P475

57 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Based on last year I do not know a single Arab on here or, more importantly, IRL who thought Laszlo should have been kept on; literally not one.

It was obvious to every Arab that I spoke with that he was totally useless.  Even folk who cut him some slack still believed he was not the man to get us back up.

Mike Martin came in and said he “has faith in” Laszlo; there was absolutely no explanation given as to why he had faith, no “I think Csaba Laszlo is the man because....”.

Martin had one important decision to make and he fucked it up.  There is no justification for his f**k up; no mitigating factors.  It was obvious to all that Laszlo was/is an awful manager.  I went to the game on Saturday against Arbroath and it was obvious that the formation wasn’t working; clear as daylight.  Yet Laszlo persevered, just as he did last season, and we lost the game.

I know Martin won’t go, but if we’re forced to make another managerial appointment a few months into the season, with all that entails, then it will be a shocking indictment of his stewardship.

I hope he stays for the season. He is the best signing the rest of the championship could have wished for. 

He's the man because you can't afford to pay off another manager.

13 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Sadly there may be some truth in this although it could be argued that keeping him on will cost even more in the long run.

What I find astounding is that there wasn't a non promotion clause included in his contract. I know there were rumours that there was but surely to f**k if that was the case he would have bulleted after the Livvy game.

20 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

What do yous make of the Austrian boy in the middle of the park?? I know it’s very very early doors, but I’ve seen him twice and I honestly can’t believe we’ve signed him, I think he’s fucking murder, seen trains turn quicker

Dosent matter if hes shite or not, Laszlo is in charge. He'll be getting the worst out if him anyway. 

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It will cost as much to get rid of him 10 league games into the season.

By then we will also have to pay off Burger and have the invidious task of trying to find a half decent manager part way into the season.  

Again.

With regards to Mike Martin; why buy into a football club if you don’t have the resources to effect change?  Ego?

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It will cost as much to get rid of him 10 league games into the season.

By then we will also have to pay off Burger and have the invidious task of trying to find a half decent manager part way into the season.  

Again.

With regards to Mike Martin; why buy into a football club if you don’t have the resources to effect change?  Ego?

Or idiot?

Only reason i say this is hes not sacked Laszlo so i presume he is. 

3 hours ago, bobbycoxblue said:

I think you need your Laszlo removed .. it's a complex procedure though emoji23.png

Costly too - shame they must have just spent their budget signing random Eastern Europeans & Dunfermline players

Edited by locheedee
Typo

2 hours ago, banana said:

Cshambles seen something in The Serpent's sex dungeon that Martin doesn't want getting out?

Martin with the Dundee FC shirt on, banging that old boot Kelly. IMO.

2 hours ago, dundeeunited83 said:

What do yous make of the Austrian boy in the middle of the park?? I know it’s very very early doors, but I’ve seen him twice and I honestly can’t believe we’ve signed him, I think he’s fucking murder, seen trains turn quicker

:lol:

Pleased to see that despite all the negativity United fans are still backing the club. We have the highest season ticket sales in the city yet again, by a considerable margin.

It's worth remembering that Dundee's attendances dropped by a massive 45% following their last relegation. Thankfully United fans seem to be a more loyal bunch on the whole.