Dundee United 2018/2019

Guest DAVIDB69

Probably the end of any chance of getting out the groups , annoyed as I bought train tickets for Elgin yesterday , the game will mean absolutely nothing.

Although I am embarrassed to admit I had a winning coupon with Ross county on it

I thought Frans was very good today.  The one time I thought County really cut United open before the goal, Frans put in a brilliant challenge on McManus to cut out the cross.  Barton was pretty decent at centre-mid as well.  The keeper was commanding.  I've always been a fan of Stanton but he's not a left-winger.  The rest of the side I'm really not so sure about.

Stewart Murdoch at centre-back and captaining the side highlights the standard of the team IMO.  I liked Murdoch enough as a limited but regularly effective centre-mid at County, but he's not a centre-back.  McManus roasted him twice in almost identical fashion on the outside left to cut in on goal - both times McManus got greedy and shot straight at Rakoven who stood up well on each occasion.

10 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Probably the end of any chance of getting out the groups , annoyed as I bought train tickets for Elgin yesterday , the game will mean absolutely nothing.

At least you'll have a nice day out regardless.

Oh wait... it's Elgin. Never mind. 

5 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

What’s happened to Billy King? Went off ski

Think we need to look for an attacking midfield someone like Swanson. Another striker and maybe two if Keatings leaves too. Along with another centre half to partner Frans.

Two strikers?  Under Laszlo? That's crazy talk.

Clark missed a penalty and the rebound? You'd better get used to that from him guys. 

Youll get a couple of good games out of him, then he'll disappear for a few. 

Saying that though, he'll likely be firing on all cylinders when we first meet and, bang the winner in with the last kick of the ball. 

Karma can be a right haggered bitch sometimes but, I hope she doesn't turn up when we play. 

2 hours ago, P475 said:

Clark missed a penalty and the rebound? You'd better get used to that from him guys. 

Youll get a couple of good games out of him, then he'll disappear for a few. 

Saying that though, he'll likely be firing on all cylinders when we first meet and, bang the winner in with the last kick of the ball. 

Karma can be a right haggered bitch sometimes but, I hope she doesn't turn up when we play. 

Pish

52 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If Laszlo is forced out I trust Mike Martin will do the honourable thing and resign.

Actually I don’t ‘trust’ in this outcome at all.

Whit?!

Why would a shit managerial appointment force your chairman who by all accounts has wrestled you free from the Baldy Snake, resign?! Madness. United fans seem to just love a boardroom shake-up these days.