Dundee United 2018/2019

14 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Both McMullan and King have something to offer at this level in either a 4-4-2 or in a 4-2-3-1 where we are playing appropriate players (ie a lone striker who can play as a lone striker) and where said striker is not completely isolated.

I thought McMullan did well yesterday but the gap between Clark and Glass/Chalmers made what he did far less effective.  I would have liked to have seen Stanton pushing up more too; that should be possible at home against a lower division team.

I think that's spot on, Granny.  If we're looking to win the league (hmm) then we're going to need to play an attacking team. Two from three of Aird, McMullan and King (or from four if you include Smith) on the wings every week should be enough to cause problems to anyone in this division provided there are enough men in the box to convert the crosses. I'd have said that McMullan was one of the few to get pass marks on Saturday. Beat his man at will and put a lot of good balls across the box. I'd be surprised if we could replace him with better this season.

14 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Just popped for a peak on Twitter and I see the **** are still obsessed with Dundee United

No matter how bad United are, it always makes me smile knowing their club died and they hate us for it (as bizarre and irrational as it is).

You'd think they'd love a team playing in orange...:shutup

21 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Not bothered if Keatings and McMullan go but it's quite likely the buffoon will bring in players who are worse than these two.

I'd rather keep McMullan than King but they're both shit.

I see our next match in that nonsense competition is away to Ross County on Tuesday so a heavy defeat wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if it puts the idiot under more pressure. It could help bring his departure forward from October to September.

Fixed.

3 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'd be surprised if we could replace him with better this season.

This of course is the eternal issue when calling for the ejection of "fucking shite!". Most if not all of the division would be happy to add him to their ranks.

4 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'd have said that McMullan was one of the few to get pass marks on Saturday. Beat his man at will and put a lot of good balls across the box. I'd be surprised if we could replace him with better this season.

I would like to fight you.

I have never seen someone scuff so many crosses along the ground to the first man.