Dundee United 2018/2019

McMullan started well when he first arrived but a mixture of poor form and Laszlo clearly not fancying him means he may as well move on. I would be a bit disappointed in Keating leaving because we have never seen the best of him and given his issues last year I thought this would have been a fresh start for him (maybe he needs an actual fresh start like moving clubs). If they did leave that would add two more slots to a list of needed players (alongside a defender and another striker). Trying to find two new strikers, a central defender and a wide player at this stage of the window is much more of a challenge given many of the more in demand players have already fixed themselves up with moves.

I feel there's a slight re-writing of history with Barton by Thistle fans regarding his first season. He played about half his games in midfield and half in defence, and he was actually OK in midfield when he had an out and out ball winner in Osman beside him. Last season he didn't have that due to Osman being firstly injured, and then hopeless when he did come back.

Don't think there's any doubt his best position is sweeper in a back 3, and last season seemed like a fish out of water when playing in a 4.  As others have said, there seemed an obvious attitude problem last season, which this interview may explain- basically says he doesn't enjoy playing football and just sees it as a job- when things went wrong last year he was not good.

Anyway, I'll boo him because I'm bitter and petty, and what is football without those characteristics?

Also see we've been linked with McMullan which would keep the swap shop going. If we sign him you'll probabaly sign Lawless as his replacement.

According to Wikipedia we have 23 players in the first team squad.  Shabba says he wants to sign another 3.  

All we appear to have been doing over the last few years is signing players for the sake of it. How many of them have actually been any good?

Outside of perhaps Fyvie, are any of our starting XI better than other teams in the Championship, or do we just have more of them to sit on the bench and in the stands?

3 hours ago, stumigoo said:

McMullan started well when he first arrived but a mixture of poor form and Laszlo clearly not fancying him means he may as well move on. I would be a bit disappointed in Keating leaving because we have never seen the best of him and given his issues last year I thought this would have been a fresh start for him (maybe he needs an actual fresh start like moving clubs). If they did leave that would add two more slots to a list of needed players (alongside a defender and another striker). Trying to find two new strikers, a central defender and a wide player at this stage of the window is much more of a challenge given many of the more in demand players have already fixed themselves up with moves.

I agree with all of that.  I also think  that we could have the best squad in the league and struggle badly due to the manager’s total ineptitude.

Within 10 minutes yesterday it was obvious that Clark was too isolated and that the role didn’t suit him.  Yet we played out the 90 minutes without changing that.

3 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I feel there's a slight re-writing of history with Barton by Thistle fans regarding his first season. He played about half his games in midfield and half in defence, and he was actually OK in midfield when he had an out and out ball winner in Osman beside him. Last season he didn't have that due to Osman being firstly injured, and then hopeless when he did come back.

Don't think there's any doubt his best position is sweeper in a back 3, and last season seemed like a fish out of water when playing in a 4.  As others have said, there seemed an obvious attitude problem last season, which this interview may explain- basically says he doesn't enjoy playing football and just sees it as a job- when things went wrong last year he was not good.

Anyway, I'll boo him because I'm bitter and petty, and what is football without those characteristics?

Also see we've been linked with McMullan which would keep the swap shop going. If we sign him you'll probabaly sign Lawless as his replacement.

A footballer that doesn’t enjoy playing fitba? Ye gods! 

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

A footballer that doesn’t enjoy playing fitba? Ye gods! 

All hope may not be lost, Arab FC. Yer man Benoit Assou-Ekotto at Spurs said he only played for the money and he wasn't a bad player. I suspect seeing football as a job might be the only similarity between them though. 

Im still shocked that Laszlo has been retained. Hes an utter utter fucking liability. 

Wasnt at the game but it sounds like the same problems.

Theres no point in bothering about Keatings. If he ever gets fit enough to last 4 games in a row he'll end up isolated up front or left of a midfield 3 in 4231 and be rendered useless.

McMullan, if we're all being honest, is pretty shite. Hes fast. Cant beat a player. Cant beat the first man with a cross or corner. Has no body strength. Dissappears in too many games.

You could say most of that for all of our attacking players from last season.

We've just signed a guy from Partick that sounds exactly the kind of player we dont need. Willing to give him a chance but the Partick fans have seen him much more than any Utd scout or Laszlo will have.

In my opinion the pressure needs to be put onto Laszlo big time from before the start of the League season and if we arent top or within touching distance in October he should be mercilessly punted. 

Not bothered if Keatings and McMullan go but it's quite likely the buffoon will bring in players who are worse than these two.

I'd rather keep McMullan than King but they're both shit.

I see our next match in that nonsense competition is away to Ross County on Tuesday so a heavy defeat wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if it puts the idiot under more pressure. It could help bring his departure forward from November to October.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

Both McMullan and King have something to offer at this level in either a 4-4-2 or in a 4-2-3-1 where we are playing appropriate players (ie a lone striker who can play as a lone striker) and where said striker is not completely isolated.

I thought McMullan did well yesterday but the gap between Clark and Glass/Chalmers made what he did far less effective.  I would have liked to have seen Stanton pushing up more too; that should be possible at home against a lower division team.

Just popped for a peak on Twitter and I see the **** are still obsessed with Dundee United. 

No matter how bad United are, it always makes me smile knowing their club died and they hate us for it (as bizarre and irrational as it is).

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo