Dundee United 2018/2019

This isn't aimed at anyone on here (and certainly not Granny who's gripe was with Laszlo and now he has a Season Ticket anyway) but I hope that all the keyboard supporters who proclaimed they would NEVER go back until Thompson left actually do come back. I always assume that a fairly large chunk of Facebookers and twitterers who say this stuff haven't actually been at Tannadice for years and use ST as an excuse but maybe that is the sceptic in me. I'd urge anyone who hasn't bought a Season Ticket or wasn't going to go to the games to actually go now and put their money and actions where their mouth is (or fingers if it was keyboard). I've also got some other musings on it here but that is just me trying to get clicks on my blog.

4 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

This isn't aimed at anyone on here (and certainly not Granny who's gripe was with Laszlo and now he has a Season Ticket anyway) but I hope that all the keyboard supporters who proclaimed they would NEVER go back until Thompson left actually do come back.

Having seen this happen at Killie and Falkirk I can confirm your suspicions that it's just pish spouted by arseholes

3 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Having seen this happen at Killie and Falkirk I can confirm your suspicions that it's just pish spouted by arseholes

Even if it just a few hundred it will make a difference but I agree that for some it is just people using it as an excuse not to go. I don't mind people not going to games, especially with the cost involved but for months we've had a keyboard army proclaiming to be lifelong, tattooed, bleed tangerine supporters who would only go if Thompson left but if that is the case then I'll expect 10,000 at the game tomorrow!

The worse club for this has always been Scotland's shame based in Govan, The amount of **** you ask if they go to Ibrox and the answer is always "no, but I used to". Judging by this, back in the day Ibrox capacity musta been around 300,000. [emoji90][emoji90][emoji90]

I'm glad Thompson is gone. Hopefully it unites the fans and the "not back until he's gone" start going to Tannadice again. I just wish Laszlo went with him.

I never bought into Thompson being the devil incarnate like some did (beginning 3 and a half years ago with the sale of the Tim 2) but then I never liked him from the start, and I never bought into the Eddie love either. Stephen Thompson seemed to throw the toys out of the pram when he received a bit of criticism; the entitled attitude from someone who inherited everything from daddy. It is unfair to forget he was a successful chairman for a good while.

He made some bad mistakes starting in January 2015, not sacking Jackie at the end of that season and hiring Mixu when he finally got the boot. What he always did though was back the managers. Look at all the dross Sackie and Mixu signed in 2015-16 and Laszlo in January just gone. Thompson can't be blamed for their inability to identify good footballers.

He reduced the debt substantially due to the sales of homegrown players but the make up of some of those deals left a very bad taste in the mouth, particularly Sackie's cut.

After taking over as chairman in 2008, in the next 7 seasons we finished: 5th, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 6th, 4th, 5th before the disaster of 2015-16. We hadn't had that kind of consistency since the late 80s/ early 90s. We won the Scottish Cup and reached 2 other finals during his tenure.

However he will always be remembered for our dramatic fall from 2nd in the table to relegation in 18 months and the awful transfer deals that contributed to that collapse. Plus he is a complete twat.

Glad he's gone and looking forward to hearing what the new majority shareholders have to say.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo