Dundee United 2018/2019

8 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Needs to have played in the top flight for his last club in the country, apparently.

I would have thought that either Flood or his agent, or Bali United would have thoroughly checked out the work permit requirements.  It appears that they failed to do so and it looks like a wasted trek around the world for Flood now, unless they can try and appeal the decision.  Wonder what will happen to him now though, a return to the UK probably. 

Edited by CaspianChris

Just now, Pull My Strings said:

A return to Dunfermline would be hilarious.

Can you have three transfers withing a 12 month period? IS that even a rule, or am I making it up. I can half remember Falkirk being fined for resigning Davie Moss from Dunfermline, but that was years ago now.

7 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Can you have three transfers withing a 12 month period? IS that even a rule, or am I making it up. I can half remember Falkirk being fined for resigning Davie Moss from Dunfermline, but that was years ago now.

You're allowed to be registered for three different clubs within the same season but you can only play for two of them.

See Michael Tidser at Morton.

I don't know how "season" is defined but I'll guess it being the start of the transfer window which is usually around 9 June every year.  Flood left Dunfermline after that, so the next club will be his third.

Poor Willo. I mean it’s great material for the continuing “Scottish football is hilariously entertaining” era but on a personal level I’ve got a fair bit of sympathy for him. Back to Fife for Flood.

59 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

You're allowed to be registered for three different clubs within the same season but you can only play for two of them.

See Michael Tidser at Morton.

I don't know how "season" is defined but I'll guess it being the start of the transfer window which is usually around 9 June every year.  Flood left Dunfermline after that, so the next club will be his third.

Surely the point is Bali weren't allowed to register him

55 minutes ago, Beardy23 said:

he did a runner

No chance; our if he’d tried that, our lightning fast CB pairing of the Edge and Big Tam would have chased him down before he reached Arklay Street and talked some sense into him.........

:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, MacArab said:

No chance; our if he’d tried that, our lightning fast CB pairing of the Edge and Big Tam would have chased him down before he reached Arklay Street and talked some sense into him.........

:rolleyes:

Edge and Scobbie lightning fast :lol:, I am sure I have seen faster snails then them.

The thought of them in defence again is horrifying though:bairn.

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

Has he recently been released from Bali United?

After his antics in the home leg of the play off against Livingston I would be in no rush to welcome him back.

Back to Dunfermline with him.

An unfortunate sequence of events for poor Willo, but probably for the best. Adjusting to a new culture and strange language etc in some footballing backwater isn't the ideal way to wind down a career.

Bali might not have been easy either.

12 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Pare Willo, cannae get in Indonesia cos Yenited are shite. Willo would’ve loved the lifestyle  

Actually, it's the last club that matters. He couldnt get into the league because Dunfermline are shite.