Dundee United 2018/2019

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

I think we are in the position of having to offload before we can sign anyone. Likely candidates being Scobbie, Edge, Toshney and Keatings but that is all based on either rumour or what we hope (the three defenders being in that camp). I doubt we will terminate the contract of more than one or two so we will need someone to come in with an offer and Keatings is most likely out of those to be offered something. Martin was adamant of a 22 man squad (23 including Mehmet) so we are pretty much at that limit now. 

I think we'll get at least another 2 in without anyone having to leave first, although I expect that will be on the basis of at least 2 or 3 of the above leaving before the window closes. The only question I think is how much of a settlement, if any, is required to get each of them out the door. Edjenguele apparently wants to go back down south so shouldn't be too hard to deal with. Scobbie and Keatings might still be of interest to other clubs. Toshney I fear we're stuck with, although he's likely to see out his contract in the physio's room.

3 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

One of the positives of administration is we can get rid of these players for nothing with a clear conscience.

What time is it happening?

It’s not the players I feel guilty about it’s the face painters.

9 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

Are we just going to stiff local businesses & add to the unemployment queue, just like that?

At least the employees we put out of a job will have their faces painted like tigers and vampires when receiving their benefit sanctions.

9 minutes ago, wardy83 said:

Anyone else think were struggling to bring players in due to the 25 mile radius rule they have brought in?

Monifieth is well within the 25 mile radius.  Only a fool wouldn’t want to live in Monifieth.

14 minutes ago, wardy83 said:

Anyone else think were struggling to bring players in due to the 25 mile radius rule they have brought in?

If Martin has insisted that that rule is to be adhered to then he is mental. Any team wanting out of that league shouldn't be limiting the amount of potential targets their manager can sign. 

I like it. 

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Monifieth is well within the 25 mile radius.  Only a fool wouldn’t want to live in Monifieth.

You could move a few of these donkeys that you've signed into the spare rooms in your mansion, and then everyone's happy.

29 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Nobody on professional footballers' wages could afford a house in Moneyfieth or Carsnooty. Luckily the 25-mile rule includes much of Fife, although curiously not Dunfermline.

image.png.1661bab5f05f55fc0dda5233fe634934.png

Gauldy would've gone to Aberdeen :angry: