Dundee United 2018/2019

8 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Apparantly Toshney has been helping out with training the young lads. 

I can see it now 

"Ok boys, todays drill. Phones out, go online and search for JustEat, select Chinese or Indian, add at least 3 meals and a few bottles of Pepsi,  some sides and maybe a dessert. Select delivery time and pay card, dont bother walking to a cash machine. When finished, you're done for the week. Fire up FIFA and wait till your food gets here. Remember, anything you dont eat tonight will be there for breakfast."

RelievedBestHapuka-max-1mb.gif

It’s still too early to be either enthused by or disappointed with the squad.

I’m not sure that we will have a stronger (on paper) squad in relative terms than we did at the start of last season; hopefully we will have a more balanced one with no glaring omissions.

At the risk of sounding like a broken down record, last season we didn’t bring in a target man until the Christmas window.  Surely we will not make that mistake again.

Apparently we will have 3 or 4 new signings by Tuesday, anyone ITK have any clues about who they might be??

Also looks like the idea of the 'trial game' has been binned as there is longer any need for it.

That’s a pity about the trial game. I played 11s for the first time in a year on Friday and felt quite good. At the age of nearly 35 I’ve decided to give this football thing another go so was hoping to get the call from United.

2 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

That’s a pity about the trial game. I played 11s for the first time in a year on Friday and felt quite good. At the age of nearly 35 I’ve decided to give this football thing another go so was hoping to get the call from United.

You’re worse than Jamie Robson.  Learn to live with it.

ETA hows the family?

Edited by Granny Danger

5 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

The standard of some of the football witnessed last season wasn't a huge leap from the glory days of Nether Inn vs Seabraes Salmons, so there's hope for us all yet.

Apparently we will have 3 or 4 new signings by Tuesday, anyone ITK have any clues about who they might be??

Also looks like the idea of the 'trial game' has been binned as there is longer any need for it.

Hopefully target man, goal keeper and centre half

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re worse than Jamie Robson.  Learn to live with it.

ETA hows the family?

I play on the right-hand side so United could easily have Robson down one flank and me on the other. Family good, wee man is doing great and loving the World Cup so far (only because he is being forced to watch it)

2 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

The standard of some of the football witnessed last season wasn't a huge leap from the glory days of Nether Inn vs Seabraes Salmons, so there's hope for us all yet.

Gee whiz you are talking a good 10 years ago for classics like that! It was a similar Nether team who played on Friday night (just much slower and a bit rounder).

10 minutes ago, Eddie the Eagle said:

Would absolutely love the Rooney rumour to be true but there's absolutely no chance of it happening! (Please prove me wrong!!)

I've heard it's a goer :green

I reckon Morris and the Hungarian (?) keeper on Monday. Can't imagine the other two. I think we probably need another two central midfielders and one/two forwards (depending whether Smith is seen as a forward or a winger).

Rumoured elsewhere that Aiden Connolly has been invited to pre season training.  Wouldn't be averse to Connolly coming back as another option.