Dundee United 2018/2019

15 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

So no signings despite us planning 2 today.

Tomorrow is, of course, Friday - I think we all know what this means...

Steven Ferguson in the local rag today saying Dundee United have beaten County to the signing of a player.  He then goes on to say he's looking to bring in a defender. Assuming he doesn't mean players already signed, I'm assuming he means Frans.   In fact, I'd pretty much take it as confirmation that he'll be signing for you.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Wow. I wonder if anyone else can spot the evolution of language in this post starting with the first two words. Irony overload. 

Unfortunately both of those examples are going to end up being acceptable due to the amount of people using them. I was listening to a couple of language experts a few months back who said as much. They said the same about 'literally'. Ally McCoist will be chuffed. 

Only if people like you accept it as inevitable.

17 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Some rag called the Collins Dictionary. I’d say DeeMan’s useage of the term has been perfectly comprehensible for at least the last half century. 

Pfffft everyone knows the only acceptable dictionary to use is the Oxford English Dictionary. 

43 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Frans confirmed on a 2 year deal.

Delighted with this signing considering an anagram of his name is 'carder sniffer'.

I'm assuming a Willie Miller type character.

Apparantly Toshney has been helping out with training the young lads. 

I can see it now 

"Ok boys, todays drill. Phones out, go online and search for JustEat, select Chinese or Indian, add at least 3 meals and a few bottles of Pepsi,  some sides and maybe a dessert. Select delivery time and pay card, dont bother walking to a cash machine. When finished, you're done for the week. Fire up FIFA and wait till your food gets here. Remember, anything you dont eat tonight will be there for breakfast."