Dundee United 2018/2019

19 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I imagine he'd rather do 2 years hard labour in a North Korean gulag than get a sentence at Tannacollapse (copyright that guy that said it).

Wrong use of the term gulag.  Common mistake from a common man.

23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Wrong use of the term gulag.  Common mistake from a common man.

I beg your pardon? In what way is it wrong?

No argument on the common man front. 

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

A gulag is not a prison/hard labour camp as your post implies.  

countable noun

A gulag is a prison camp where conditions are extremely bad and the prisoners are forced to work very hard. The name gulag comes from the prison camps in the former Soviet Union.

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

countable noun

A gulag is a prison camp where conditions are extremely bad and the prisoners are forced to work very hard. The name gulag comes from the prison camps in the former Soviet Union.

Just now, Dee Man said:

Not sure if serious. 

What do you think a North Korean gulag is?

It is b*****dised and may now be common usage but the gulag was the administrative body/person.

It’s like uninformed people referring to United players as Arabs when the term refers to supporters.  

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It is b*****dised and may now be common usage but the gulag was the administrative body/person.

It’s like uninformed people referring to United players as Arabs when the term refers to supporters.  

Apology accepted. 

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah I apologise for trying to educate you.  I will try not to make the same mistake again.

Educate me in past language? You'll be telling me to refer to Utd in the top league as ye days of olde next, although that's not too far from the truth tbf. 

Shit evolves grandad; it's not the 1940's anymore. 

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

countable noun

Where the f**k did you pull that definition from? The encyclopedia for particularly dense children?? 

Here's a more grown up definition from an age appropriate source. 

"The term “GULAG” is an acronym for the Soviet bureaucratic institution, Glavnoe Upravlenie ispravitel’no-trudovykh LAGerei(Main Administration of Corrective Labor Camps), that operated the Soviet system of forced labor camps in the Stalin era." 

23 minutes ago, Buccanarab said:

Where the f**k did you pull that definition from? The encyclopedia for particularly dense children?? 

Here's a more grown up definition from an age appropriate source. 

"The term “GULAG” is an acronym for the Soviet bureaucratic institution, Glavnoe Upravlenie ispravitel’no-trudovykh LAGerei(Main Administration of Corrective Labor Camps), that operated the Soviet system of forced labor camps in the Stalin era." 

Some rag called the Collins Dictionary. I’d say DeeMan’s useage of the term has been perfectly comprehensible for at least the last half century. 

Have we signed anyone yet?
Or are we waiting on Administration Friday?
I for one welcome our new, financially competent overlords.

None of the matters right now. What do you understand by the word Gulag?