Dundee United 2018/2019

6 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

You guys have just signed Craig Curran from us for three years.

Craig's a non-scoring striker (29 goals in four years)  who will run all day and will leave nothing on the pitch.  He's also a non-scoring striker with a serious history of concussions.  Quite how he's managed to get a three year contract is beyond me.  There's no way he's going to see that through.

There's a lot to like about him, but, wow.  Three years.  

Sounds like a bit of a Noel Hunt type going by what you and a few other County fans have said.

I like players that run about. You saw Mikkelson? If he is an improvement on him then we are a step forward.

Sounds like a bit of a Noel Hunt type going by what you and a few other County fans have said.
I like players that run about. You saw Mikkelson? If he is an improvement on him then we are a step forward.

To be fair, completely different players. Curran will get stuck in. Mikkelsen wouldn’t. Mikkelsen has a fair bit more technical ability. Curran is much more dynamic.

He’s one head knock away from retirement though. He had three concussions with County and arguably never recovered from the first.

19 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

This preseason is turning into a swingers' party. All the players have chucked their car keys into a bowl and Hartley, Shabba, AJ & co and just plucking the keys out at random and slinking off with the "lucky" player. 

Which mediocre championship player have we signed so far this season ?

1 hour ago, MacArab said:

We have just offloaded 20 players tbf.

We kinda need to sign some more or we won’t have a squad.

We still need more as well.

As for who we are bringing in, I am ok with it so far.

All well known at Championship level or above, and a mix of decent future potential and some experience.

I’d be more concerned if we hadn’t really signed anyone at all.

I agree with almost all of that.  However I’m not overly inspired by the quality of signings to date and we have definitely not followed the Hibs approach of a couple of seasons back.

Edited by Granny Danger

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

To be fair, completely different players. Curran will get stuck in. Mikkelsen wouldn’t. Mikkelsen has a fair bit more technical ability. Curran is much more dynamic.

He’s one head knock away from retirement though. He had three concussions with County and arguably never recovered from the first.

It is very strange we have signed him on a three year deal with that being the case. Signing a 28 year old at this level for three years is risky by any stretch.

I've never seen Curran play but hopefully his hard working approach can compliment Nicky Clark.

It is very strange we have signed him on a three year deal with that being the case. Signing a 28 year old at this level for three years is risky by any stretch.
I've never seen Curran play but hopefully his hard working approach can compliment Nicky Clark.

I think that’ll be an excellent partnership at this level.

When I read "changes to the coaching structure" were to be announced I had hoped Laszlo had been demoted. 

Nice to see Craig Easton back.

Bowman is like the work colleague that cannot be sacked. He'll be making the teas next.

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I agree with almost all of that.  However I’m not overly inspired by the quality of signings to date and we have definitely not followed the Hibs approach of a couple of seasons back.

I am not overly inspired either.

That being said, I was very inspired by our signings last summer, who ended up being outplayed and outfought by hardworking and decent footballers from every other team in the division (except Dunfermline and Brechin) consistently across the season.

I appreciate that the manager(s) had much to do with that as well, however we appear to be stuck with Csaba for now, and I am hoping that the players he appears to have a carefully chosen will do miles better than the bargain basement shite he picked up in January, and will have been chosen to play a system he wants. 

They are all decent football players, and appear to be prudent buys, which I would expect to be working within our proposed budget,(we can’t afford much better I reckon) who have all been playing regularly so should be fit, and we are getting them in early, so hopefully will hit the Betfed with a well drilled and fit squad. 

The job is not done yet by far and am really looking forward to seeing the 2 Big Bad Lads, Csaba really must sign as a minimum for Central defence, as well as a keeper who isn’t going to chuck one in every other game.

#Glasshalffull

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

This all feels a bit Ian McCall/Craig Brewster.

I have started sending Laszlo CVs to eastern European clubs so hoping for some movement soon.

The **** Dundee United seethe/torment in full swing on Twitter with Aird moving to United.
Do you really think he cares that big Jim from Hamilton "hope u keep them down".
Screenshot_20180601-171440.thumb.jpg.ed4cdb6b810f9349bb7db22365764f5c.jpg

It’s a thing to behold isn’t it? Sevconian seethe that he has come to us is astonishing, their hatred of United is another reason we need promoted as quickly as possible. They’d have seizures just thinking about the fixture.

2 minutes ago, Reverend Maynard said:

It’s a thing to behold isn’t it? Sevconian seethe that he has come to us is astonishing, their hatred of United is another reason we need promoted as quickly as possible. They’d have seizures just thinking about the fixture.

Statements and zomboycotts galore.

3 minutes ago, Reverend Maynard said:

Anyone who has that amount of tattoos is a fucking twat.  I’m not bothered which team they support.

There is a direct negative correlation between the amount of tattoos on your body and your IQ.

6 minutes ago, Reverend Maynard said:

On the other hand, the longer we go without playing them, the longer it is since they actually beat us.

Their current incarnation, of course, have never done so.

31 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Anyone who has that amount of tattoos is a fucking twat.  I’m not bothered which team they support.

There is a direct negative correlation between the amount of tattoos on your body and your IQ.

Right that's plenty ffs GD