Dundee United 2018/2019

There has been talk for months about McDonald being a disruptive influence. Announcing his departure as a footnote to the goalkeeping coach being punted confirms he leaves on bad terms. Quite a bitchy thing to do, but amusing.

I'm sure Scott will be on Sportsound soon enough to talk about it, maybe as an afterthought following a long discussion about his beloved Celtic.

1 hour ago, Buccanarab said:

Yes, as I said if you look at back at his previous jobs you'll see he's clearly not as bad as you want to make out. 

United have been on the slide since long before he arrived and it's obvious that changing manager every year hasn't worked, isn't working and will continue not to work. 

But let's say you get your way and he goes. Who's your go to guy that's gonna somehow make us romp the league next season? 

I've looked at his previous jobs and I see he has managed many clubs but has not lasted more than one full season at any of them. That is concerning on many levels.

He has been an absolute disaster for United so far. Nothing I have seen has convinced me that is going to change; in fact his decisions became increasingly more baffling as the season progressed.

But it looks like we are stuck with him going in to the new season. Hopefully the club can give the vast majority of supporters some cause for optimism soon.

Will be very strange to see Willo Flood *not* playing for Dundee United. Seems like he's been at Tannadice forever.
Says a lot about the state of your squad that I wouldn't fancy many of them at EEP. Maybe Durnan as 4th choice behind Morris, Ashcroft and Jock M'voto.

I would say that Dunfermline are very likely to sign Durnan - AJ brought him to Queens and rated him highly.

I would take Durnan at Queens ahead of any of the names mentioned so happy to get him if Pars are perceived to have an abundance of riches at the back.

5 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

There has been talk for months about McDonald being a disruptive influence. Announcing his departure as a footnote to the goalkeeping coach being punted confirms he leaves on bad terms. Quite a bitchy thing to do, but amusing.

I'm sure Scott will be on Sportsound soon enough to talk about it, maybe as an afterthought following a long discussion about his beloved Celtic.

Aye when Celtic start their CL qualifiers In 3 weeks or something he'll be on telling how Its everyone eles fault.

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

“Want to make out”?  Seriously?

Who said anything about “romp the league”?  It doesn’t help the discussion if you just make things up.

My elder son has previously suggested Stuart McCall to me; I reckon he would do alright.

Ive been saying McCall would do a good job for ages. 

Im not your elder son.

Im not any of your sons.

I hope....

Lazlol hasnt stayed at a club for longer than a season because he is a shite manager. Hes a terrible tactician and he managed to make a Ray Mckinnon team play worse football. 

But we are stuck with him till October when we're sitting 5th in the championship when he gets punted amd we're going after managerial dregs and end up with John Hughes. Who i actually think would do better than Laszlo. 

4 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

But we are stuck with him till October when we're sitting 5th in the championship when he gets punted amd we're going after managerial dregs and end up with John Hughes.

Realistically, this is the ballpark scenario I think most of us are expecting/fearing. Which will be a shame because we'll be back to square one with a manager having a squad of players he doesn't rate.

In all seriousness, what do fellow United fans on here expect us to do with Laszlo in charge?

Do you think we will be a much improved side?

Will it be similar to his time here already?

Will it get worse?

Will it get much much worse?

Looking at his performance this season, I cant see us being any better. His tactics have been awful, his substitutions are generally baffling and he hasnt picked the same team twice in a row. 

The rumours of him only signing one of the 9 or 10 players in January are a huge issue. And that player being one that pundits were laughing at on the radio after the first Livi playoff tie.

He had weeks and weeks to assess the squad in training and in matches before January. He should have a list as long as his post match interviews of players hes worked with who could do a job just above pub league level. Instead he persisted with Robson, Murdoch, King, McMullan etc.

Taking months to drop Lewis...

Im firmly in the much much worse camp. This bloke is about to sign a ton of players and then its tombola time again. 

Edited by mishtergrolsch

28 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

In all seriousness, what do fellow United fans on here expect us to do with Laszlo in charge?

Do you think we will be a much improved side?

Will it be similar to his time here already?

Will it get worse?

Will it get much much worse?

Nothing.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

I would love to hear why the board of directors have any faith in Laszlo. He seems adorable but is an awful manager.

The best hope we have is that the signings are decent enough for a competent manager to mould them into something resembling a professional football team after Laszlo is punted.

Maybe this Burger guy will be the brains behind the operation. That is the only other hope I can find right now.

Can't be any worse.....
Surely....
Maybe Csaba can use his contacts from the mother country to get us a decent eastern European keeper the like of whom we have had good results before. 
That would be nice...
Another Szamotulski type would be good

6 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Ive been saying McCall would do a good job for ages. 

Im not your elder son.

Im not any of your sons.

I hope....

Lazlol hasnt stayed at a club for longer than a season because he is a shite manager. Hes a terrible tactician and he managed to make a Ray Mckinnon team play worse football. 

But we are stuck with him till October when we're sitting 5th in the championship when he gets punted amd we're going after managerial dregs and end up with John Hughes. Who i actually think would do better than Laszlo. 

If you were one of my sons you would know I have a tendency to repeat myself.  Repeatedly.

I have said before that we wouldn’t be in this position if McNamara was punted earlier; probably the same with Ray.

I have a terrible premonition of an identical situation with Laszlo.

5 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Nothing.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

would love to hear why the board of directors have any faith in Laszlo. He seems adorable but is an awful manager.

The best hope we have is that the signings are decent enough for a competent manager to mould them into something resembling a professional football team after Laszlo is punted.

Maybe this Burger guy will be the brains behind the operation. That is the only other hope I can find right now.

Mike Martin has an obligation to do this; explain why he thinks Laszlo is the guy given his performance to date.  All the early talk about keeping fans in the loop is looking like bullshit.

57 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If you were one of my sons you would know I have a tendency to repeat myself.  Repeatedly.

I have said before that we wouldn’t be in this position if McNamara was punted earlier; probably the same with Ray.

I have a terrible premonition of an identical situation with Laszlo.

Mike Martin has an obligation to do this; explain why he thinks Laszlo is the guy given his performance to date.  All the early talk about keeping fans in the loop is looking like bullshit.

I also 100% agree with this. He needed to go after the SC Final. 

Ray needed to go after the Hamilton playoff final.

Laszlo needs to go now. 

Im of the opinion that MM is here as nothing but a place holder till the American deal goes through, to take the heat off Thompson and to try to get season ticket sales up. Hes not making any decisions on the manager as the new owners may have someone in mind.

Im really really hoping as soon as the deal goes through Shabbalabbadingdong it punted i to the long grass.

On 5/16/2018 at 09:39, UnitedLoon63 said:

Players who are out of contract that I’d like us to go for:
Tom O’Ware
Abdul Osman
Jai Quintongo
David Templeton
Ziggy Gordon
Anthony Stokes
Craig Halkett

Can you afford Quitongo??