Dundee United 2018/2019

What are the likely financial repercussions of this for Utd and the likely outcomes? It's not something I've followed to date but I'm sure it'll have been well discussed at points through the other thread. 

Ideally looking for something a bit more detailed and constructive than a simple grave dancing gif or one line "they're f***ed" type post from the Dees here. 

35 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

What are the likely financial repercussions of this for Utd and the likely outcomes? It's not something I've followed to date but I'm sure it'll have been well discussed at points through the other thread. 

Ideally looking for something a bit more detailed and constructive than a simple grave dancing gif or one line "they're f***ed" type post from the Dees here. 

Not keen to encourage this fuckwad of a thread, but seeing this is a genuine question, i’m happy to give some form of an answer.

I don’t reckon anybody has a clear idea as yet, (certainly not many on P&B) of how things are going to look financially.

MM appears to be a shrewd businessman and has guaranteed that a structure would be in place regardless of whether we were promoted or not, and that admin was not on the table.

The vast majority of the squad who would have been brought in on decent wages are out of contract, so can bring in new players or set new contracts to match the budget.

Also, there is talk of a takeover, and no-one is clear just now what that means financially.

I would believe that as long g as the standard num,ber of season tickets are sold, we would likely have the biggest budget in the league still (depending on whether County come down and what Uncle Roy decides to throw at a promotion push), so as long as we recruit properly (starting with a new manager) (Big if), then we should have a decent shot at coming up next year.

Here’s hoping. Hope that answers your question to some degree.

Edited by MacArab

39 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Administration on Friday...

7 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Not keen to encourage this fuckwad of a thread, but seeing this is a genuine question, i’m happy to give some form of an answer.

I don’t reckon anybody has a clear idea as yet, (certainly not many on P&B) of how things are going to look financially.

MM appears to be a shrewd businessman and has guaranteed that a structure would be in place regardless of whether we were promoted or not, and that admin was not on the table.

The vast majority of the squad who would have been brought in on decent wages are out of contract, so can bring in new players or set new contracts to match the budget.

Also, there is talk of a takeover, and no-one is clear just now what that means financially.

I would believe that as long g as the standard num,ber of season tickets are sold, we would likely have the biggest budget in the league still (depending on whether County come down and what Uncle Roy decides to throw at a promotion push), so as long as we recruit properly (starting with a new manager) (Big if), then we should have a decent shot at coming up next year.

Cheers. 

Sounds like competing at a similar financial budget to your rivals is almost inevitable, but how much damage have the last two failed seasons done and will this hinder what should be the largest budget in the league even if you get season ticket sales (e.g. handling interest on a possible £2m+ debt if you've been operating at a considerable loss both seasons)? 

Does the SPFL parachute money for relegated teams still exist ?

Sure it was 2yr, if so that's it gone too

The league is gonna be tight next season, could argue 9 teams are aiming for play offs(top ones) and no brechin to safeguard the usual team that goes off the rails each season, us last season, St Mirren season afore.....

Whose turn is it this year ?

Relegated teams seem to struggle also, Hearts being the last club to go straight back up

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/5619/CHAIRMANS-STATEMENT.html

Like every United fan I am bitterly disappointed with the outcome of last night’s game and the prospect of another year in the Championship. Frankly, the team’s performances across the campaign haven't been good enough and you deserve better. In fact, the only constant this season has been the unswerving support shown to the team by our loyal fans. 

When I was appointed as Chairman ten weeks ago, I said I would undertake a root and branch review at the Club and much has subsequently happened behind the scenes. Over the next few weeks we will gradually roll out resultant changes, starting immediately. We will improve every aspect of the Club - all in an effort to bring back the United way. 

Thank you once again for your continued support and I am truly sorry that we haven't delivered for you this season. I urge you to remain faithful to Dundee United and promise that I will do my very best to make 2018/19 a season to remember for the right reasons.

Best wishes

Mike Martin

Chairman

I'll give him a chance but only if he sacks Csaba now.

Hibs were down for three seasons. Were we as unpopular as Dundee United seem to be?  I know Hearts fans would be happy for us - is it just the same for United with Dundee fans rubbing it in and nobody else really that antagonistic towards United? (apart from maybe **** fans who seem to hate United along with Hibs for their supposed hard line re Rangers administration?)

Don't think it's anything anti Utd per se, just entertaining to see any self-declared 'big team' throw significant sums of money at a problem and fail so spectacularly.  We took a quarter of our points off them ffs. 

1 hour ago, The DA said:

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/5619/CHAIRMANS-STATEMENT.html

I'll give him a chance but only if he sacks Csaba now.

^^^^ This.  If there’s a ‘non-promotion’ clause in his contract he should be gone early next week; if not, and his agent has to get involved, it may take a little longer but should still be done ASSP.

If County do come down and Uncle Roy brings out the cheque book you'll be fekked again.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, MacArab said:

If County do come down and Uncle Roy brings out the cheque book you'll be fekked again.

Like I said..... well spotted!

11 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Raymondo would’ve got you’s up. Fans got on Thompson’s back to punt him and the rest is history. 

Nah not going for that. Just because Csaba's managed to make a total arse of it since the new year shouldn't take away  from the fact that McKinnon was on course to blow it too.