New Fixture Secretary Post

Brig O'Lea

So you still don't wish to reveal what you know. Preferring instead to keep it a secret
A prime example of some of what's wrong in our game.

I know just as much as the next person ya madman lol . As I said if holmhead blastie wants to know why does he not go & speak to our man at the club who’s on the west committee ?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI In respect of recent changes at the West Region set up I have now resent an updated proposal to all clubs regards my application for the fixtures secretary position. If any club hasnt received it please let me know. Thanks Robert

1 hour ago, Nugent4nil said:

FYI In respect of recent changes at the West Region set up I have now resent an updated proposal to all clubs regards my application for the fixtures secretary position. If any club hasnt received it please let me know. Thanks Robert

I can't open a docx format document. Can you republish it in another format?

16 hours ago, garrellburn said:

I can't open a docx format document. Can you republish it in another format?

Apologies, I had a good few 'can't deliver messages' when I sent the group mail as things continually change.

A basic summing up is that with the creation of this new position it's rather vague in regards what their scope will be any whether they will be reporting to someone or be in sole charge of fixture allocation.

To cut it short, if elected I will issue a FULL SEASONS fixture list before a baw is booted in anger. 

Just need member clubs to show some faith in an outsider who hasnt sat on any committee or board at any level in junior football.

A massive ask I know because the current set up is doing fantastic in promoting and taking our fantastic grade forward.

This coming season is massive and I personally don't want the west clubs to follow the east region and jump ship, we have an outstanding product that has been badly neglected and needs a boost now before it's too late. 

38 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

Apologies, I had a good few 'can't deliver messages' when I sent the group mail as things continually change.

A basic summing up is that with the creation of this new position it's rather vague in regards what their scope will be any whether they will be reporting to someone or be in sole charge of fixture allocation.

To cut it short, if elected I will issue a FULL SEASONS fixture list before a baw is booted in anger. 

Just need member clubs to show some faith in an outsider who hasnt sat on any committee or board at any level in junior football.

A massive ask I know because the current set up is doing fantastic in promoting and taking our fantastic grade forward.

This coming season is massive and I personally don't want the west clubs to follow the east region and jump ship, we have an outstanding product that has been badly neglected and needs a boost now before it's too late. 

I guess in the circumstances it's not for you to say Robert but if that was the case there wouldn't have been so many issues raised in recent times. There is no greater casestudy in mismanagement. The level of mismanagement means that clubs play ostrich in the West while the East clubs queue up to jump off. While the clubs will live on and thrive, the grade itself is perilously close to its final chapter as it withers in one of its two strongest regions.

2 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

Never being on a committee is the strongest reason to choose you, If an alien ship landed at Hampden, I’d knock on the door and ask them if they fancied a shot at it.

No one in the West Juniors has experience in fixtures or they’d already be doing it

22 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

I guess in the circumstances it's not for you to say Robert but if that was the case there wouldn't have been so many issues raised in recent times. There is no greater casestudy in mismanagement. The level of mismanagement means that clubs play ostrich in the West while the East clubs queue up to jump off. While the clubs will live on and thrive, the grade itself is perilously close to its final chapter as it withers in one of its two strongest regions.

The new WoSFL will be needing a Secretary.

It's already too late. If Bo'ness end up making a late application for the EOS league them the junior cup is drastically devalued immediately. It'll be a glorified West of Scotland cup (plus Linlithgow and a couple of notable others). A WOS league will happen and all it will take is one or two West clubs to apply and the dam will burst.

So... is there any truth to the suggestion that all applicants for these posts are to be interviewed by the Management Committee with one preferred candidate put forward to the West Region AGM? With two posts up for grabs, not quite sure how the maths will work on that.

Archived