Celtic in Europe 2018-19, the long and winding road

senorsoupe

Give Celtic credit. Annan are 2-0 up against their u21's in the Challenge Cup. Given their resources going out of two competitions on the same night is quite an achievement.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Rugster said:

These days? 

As in being competitive, MON,Strachan and Lennon could piece teams that could often compete, but budget wise the top level teams wages have gone about 5 fold since the first Manager I have mentioned. Rodgers philosophy at times will cause more of hiding but realistically its a far taller task than before.

Sigh,

At least Celtic have a good chance of being a number 1 seed if we can navigate the Europa League Playoff vs. either the Latvians or Lithuanians, disaponted by this result over two legs but it's what happens when you don't improve your problem areas.

Just now, senorsoupe said:

Sigh,

At least Celtic have a good chance of being a number 1 seed if we can navigate the Europa League Playoff vs. either the Latvians or Lithuanians, disaponted by this result over two legs but it's what happens when you don't improve your problem areas.

To be fair Dalmarnock is looking a lot nicer these days.

On behalf of the rest of Scottish Football I would like to apologise to Celtic for not doing enough to help them qualify for the league.

I appreciate we must try harder to help them and I’m sure we will learn from our mistakes tonight.

As shaky as our defence was tonight, I think Edouard would've fired us through tonight.
AEK were favourites after the first leg, but they weren't much better than us tonight, we gifted them two goals.

Frustrating as it is, should be a wake up call to strengthen, you can't dominate and clean up trophies in Scotland, while competing in Europe for the big bucks every season without adding quality to the squad.

Guest DAVIDB69
Sigh,

Think you will be in the second group of seeds looking at Bert kassies website

Archived