Celtic in Europe 2018-19, the long and winding road

senorsoupe

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Statement time.

Today after a 5 year battle, the Dam Bhoys battle for justice was vindicated in a Dutch legal verdict which cleared 4 boys with a fifth having his sentence cut to a month's suspended for a reduced charge.

In an unusual decision judges also said that three of them should never have been prosecuted. The judges also said "If the court cannot trust the statements of police officers, then the criminal justice system will fall apart like a house of cards. "

The brutality of the Romeo squad of the Amsterdam police and their subsequent lies and attempted cover-up has been exposed to the world and the determination of the whole Celtic support to achieve justice has been shown to be justified. Congratulations go to our Dutch legal team.

46 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Statement time.

Today after a 5 year battle, the Dam Bhoys battle for justice was vindicated in a Dutch legal verdict which cleared 4 boys with a fifth having his sentence cut to a month's suspended for a reduced charge.

In an unusual decision judges also said that three of them should never have been prosecuted. The judges also said "If the court cannot trust the statements of police officers, then the criminal justice system will fall apart like a house of cards. "

The brutality of the Romeo squad of the Amsterdam police and their subsequent lies and attempted cover-up has been exposed to the world and the determination of the whole Celtic support to achieve justice has been shown to be justified. Congratulations go to our Dutch legal team.

Always knew that Romeo was worth a watching. 

Just seen some of the stuff regarding the fans getting their convictions overturned. Apparently the undercover police got attacked by a police officer unaware of who they were as he thought they were dutch hooligans :lol:. More inept than FOCUS ffs.

Any excuse to post (excuse the pun) this gif too :thumsup2

ADE89B8B-DD57-4DDD-A84A-016BD82A6B59.gif

All booked up, Benidorm from Wednesday to Saturday, got a match ticket too, with a bus to Valencia and back on match day all sorted, as Donald Trump would say "It's gonna be great"*

*Aside from the inevitable pumping. 

32 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

All booked up, Benidorm from Wednesday to Saturday, got a match ticket too, with a bus to Valencia and back on match day all sorted, as Donald Trump would say "It's gonna be great"*

*Aside from the inevitable pumping. 

Wed to sat too but

Edinburgh-Luton-Barcelona, Train to Valencia.

Back Train to Madrid then fly to Porto then to Glasgow.

What could go wrong eh? :lol:

By the time I got fuds replying to me about Benidorm they went to a ridiculous price. Was watching the draw and could have got flights 60 pound return :(

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Wed to sat too but

Edinburgh-Luton-Barcelona, Train to Valencia.

Back Train to Madrid then fly to Porto then to Glasgow.

What could go wrong eh? :lol:

By the time I got fuds replying to me about Benidorm they went to a ridiculous price. Was watching the draw and could have got flights 60 pound return :(

Edinburgh to Berlin 

Berlin to Palma 

Palma to Alicante... :lol:

A bit of a roundabout trip but less than 200 quid which is decent to be fair, return on the Saturday is Alicante to Gatwick then Gatwick to Edinburgh, get back about 9.00 the Saturday night and we are at home the following day, the bus will a nest of hangovers that Sunday...!

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

That be Sweeney’s bus?

No I arranged and booked a bus about two weeks ago, had to pay up front for it €600....got it filled very quickly though, mainly via social media, almost everyone has paid already. 

Sweeney then messaged me a week ago asking for 16 seats when the bus was already full....I believe he is now running a bus with our mutial friend Shaun, he phoned me the other day wanting a bit of info on bus prices and contacts etc.

17 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Edinburgh to Berlin 

Berlin to Palma 

Palma to Alicante... :lol:

A bit of a roundabout trip but less than 200 quid which is decent to be fair, return on the Saturday is Alicante to Gatwick then Gatwick to Edinburgh, get back about 9.00 the Saturday night and we are at home the following day, the bus will a nest of hangovers that Sunday...!

Got my flights for 115 with little stop over times. It was with that kiwi travel who allegedly will sort out any missed connections.  Not got a ticket yet dont think Valencia have put their home tickets on public sale yet.

Just now, gannonball said:

Got my flights for 115 with little stop over times. It was with that kiwi travel who allegedly will sort out any missed connections.  Not got a ticket yet dont think Valencia have put their home tickets on public sale yet.

Seemingly Valencia are putting this on their season ticket (sporting pass is the term they use) but, as games at the Mestaila rarely sell out and the appetite their for the Europa League is, to use a Pie and Bovril term 'meh' it's anticipated tickets should be relatively easy to get over there from locals, granted in the home section, I got a Celtic section ticket through my bus mind you but, even though our allocation is 2500 id guess there will be easily 10k Celtic fans in the 50,000 capacity stadium. 

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I c, was out with them on thurs at his hartson night and he was saying he had a bus from Benidorm, just put 3 +2 together and got 5. ☹️

Not 100% sure but I think they may even be running two buses from what SC was saying to me the other day on the phone, he already had about 50 names and Sweeney and co at least another 15.

28 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Villarreal have sacked their manager, after 6 games. Strangely enough they are about to re-appoint the guy who was sacked mid-December.

Probably got wind of the fact Rangers won the league on Sunday and decided that their results against them weren't so bad.

On 30/01/2019 at 14:38, wastecoatwilly said:

Valencia where very impressive against Getafe.

3 hours ago, The OP said:

Looking impressive against Barca right now too. Slightly worrying.

Don't worry lads.

Brendan has got this*

*Maybe not..

Archived