Celtic in Europe 2018-19, the long and winding road

senorsoupe

7 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

What's to say I am not a teenage girl? Who even cares if I am or not?

Nice try - that wasn't the original point. You claimed that Celtic have to pay some kind of wage premium compared to other European teams. You don't have any evidence to prove this. 

Stop wasting my time and get back to wanking into a sock or some similar pathetic activity.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s hardly the most far fetched concept to be honest.

What isn't? That Malcolm Malcolm is a teenage girl? The assertion that Celtic have to pay a wage premium with no evidence supplied? That the OP wanks into a sock?

Right enough, maybe the last one...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

What isn't? That Malcolm Malcolm is a teenage girl? The assertion that Celtic have to pay a wage premium with no evidence supplied? That the OP wanks into a sock?

Right enough, maybe the last one...

AHAHAHA BELTER!

20 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Nice try - that wasn't the original point. You claimed that Celtic have to pay some kind of wage premium compared to other European teams. You don't have any evidence to prove this. 

It is axiomatic that you would have to pay a player more to go to a less appealing prospect. Therefore it is the original point. Now pipe down.

On 16/02/2019 at 09:40, gannonball said:

In uefa terms hes right although I dont think thats what the person he was replying to meant although snap shotting the team at the end is quite misleading.

In a fully fit first team 11 we have 3 certain starters in Forrest, Mcgregor and Tierney. Tbh thats decent enough going for a club our size and stature esepcially when our national team has been relatively dog shit this millenium.

Bit harsh, Republic of Ireland have qualified for a World Cup and two Euros since 2000.

I see the police are being a bit heavy handed already, although the Spanish are notorious for it and seem to answer to nobody.

Remember Aberdeen fans having bother in Madrid a few years back as well. Bayern last season as well I think. 

They take no prisoners.

31 minutes ago, S7C said:

I see the police are being a bit heavy handed already, although the Spanish are notorious for it and seem to answer to nobody.

Remember Aberdeen fans having bother in Madrid a few years back as well. Bayern last season as well I think. 

They take no prisoners.

TGFITW not up to their usual tricks?

4 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

TGFITW not up to their usual tricks?

Turn it into a blame thread if you want. The actions of the Spanish police with fans from pretty much everywhere signify that it's not simply a Celtic issue.

9 minutes ago, S7C said:

Turn it into a blame thread if you want. The actions of the Spanish police with fans from pretty much everywhere signify that it's not simply a Celtic issue.

If it was Sevco fans tho, celtic fans would be on their high horses....

1 hour ago, S7C said:

People need to remember they're visiting foreign cities, with different cultures and that certain behaviors which are tolerated here will get a slap elsewhere.

The Spanish Police also work within Spanish frameworks as to what is deemed an acceptable response.

The sensible approach here would be to respect the locals and not to be wandering around steaming, having late night larey sing songs, flaunting politically sensitive flags and then retaliating to the police response to it.

6 hours ago, Richie said:

People need to remember they're visiting foreign cities, with different cultures and that certain behaviors which are tolerated here will get a slap elsewhere.

The Spanish Police also work within Spanish frameworks as to what is deemed an acceptable response.

The sensible approach here would be to respect the locals and not to be wandering around steaming, having late night larey sing songs, flaunting politically sensitive flags and then retaliating to the police response to it.

Not sure how it ended up last night, but one of my brothers is over for the game and was drinking outside the first pub it kicked off at around dinner time yesterday. Says the police told them that there were too many people outside the pub and when it didn't clear immediately, they just waded in. He can be a bit daft, but wouldn't go out of his way to cause bother. Seems they were just looking for an excuse to impose themselves and get things going.

10 hours ago, S7C said:

I'm no great fan of the Spanish police but I've been out in Madrid this year when Brugge, Monaco and Dortmund fans were over and there's hasn't been any bother. In the case of the Brugge fans, there must have been about 400-500 in plaza mayor tanked up and singing when I was in another bar on the square and police were around but certainly didn't wade in. 

27 minutes ago, List_of_Jericho said:

I know a few Celtic fans away over (in their early 20s). They were claiming that they were just sitting in a boozer and the Police stormed the pub and started hammering folk.

Not long spoke to my brother and he reiterated similar. Says when he got caught up in it yesterday the police just steamed in and went for everyone, regardless of what they were doing. He took a sore one as he tried getting back into the pub while the police were taking swings at the folk outside.

33 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Not long spoke to my brother and he reiterated similar. Says when he got caught up in it yesterday the police just steamed in and went for everyone, regardless of what they were doing. He took a sore one as he tried getting back into the pub while the police were taking swings at the folk outside.

The boys I know that went certainly wouldn't have been looking for bother, I think its their first away trip.

21 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

For me Brendan needs to go all Martin O'Neil on Valencia 3-5-2.

Ajer,Boyata,Jozo

Forrest,Ntcham,Brown,McGregor,Izzy

Eddie and Burke

No keeper? That's not gonna help...

Archived