Celtic in Europe 2018-19, the long and winding road

senorsoupe

1 hour ago, Mr Pikey said:

Celtic supporting workmate on the phone saying they need a British league where they're playing better teams . Oh the irony, Back to being the diddy club's fault they 're shite

I honestly have never met any match goer that wants to join the EPL.  Im guessing the ones that do are the arm chair type so that the games dont clash with often ironically named ‘super Sunday’.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, OSP said:

But we don't have a Tycoon from Singapore throwing 200 million euros into the club so we can have a net spend of over 50 million euros in the summer.

Just as well. You'd completely squander it.

3 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

The chances are they wouldn't get the chance consider themselves a club with a European pedigree in a hypothetical British League. The thing they never acknowledge is that their domination of their domestic environment is why they are used to European football.

This is a strong Celtic team with a hefty wage bill. The problem is that they've become naive and defeatist in Europe.

Its nowhere near a strong side for the wages they are spending, 

12 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I count 5 home grown players Bain,Brown,McGregor,Forrest and Christie.

:lol: I don't think home grown means what you think it does

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

:lol: I don't think home grown means what you think it does

In uefa terms hes right although I dont think thats what the person he was replying to meant although snap shotting the team at the end is quite misleading.

In a fully fit first team 11 we have 3 certain starters in Forrest, Mcgregor and Tierney. Tbh thats decent enough going for a club our size and stature esepcially when our national team has been relatively dog shit this millenium.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

In uefa terms hes right although I dont think thats what the person he was replying to meant although snap shotting the team at the end is quite misleading.

In a fully fit first team 11 we have 3 certain starters in Forrest, Mcgregor and Tierney. Tbh thats decent enough going for a club our size and stature esepcially when our national team has been relatively dog shit this millenium.

I'm not interested in fannies on here splitting hairs,whether the term is home grown or youth players making the grade the question remains can they compete at European level.
Bringing in Weah and Toljan is saying Ralston and Johnston are not ready, yet the question should be none of them are ready to play at this level.
The budget and wages pish is all about the direction Celtic want to go with the resources we have,stick with the currant policy or change it.

Celtic supporting workmate on the phone saying they need a British league where they're playing better teams . Oh the irony, Back to being the diddy club's fault they 're shite

Good. f**k them and their support. Their behaviour wouldn't be tolerated in England and the TV exposure of the party songs wouldn't be ignored like it is here. If they can take the **** with them so much the better. f**k yer blue pound, f**k yer green pound and f**k Armageddon 2.

Good. f**k them and their support. Their behaviour wouldn't be tolerated in England and the TV exposure of the party songs wouldn't be ignored like it is here. If they can take the **** with them so much the better. f**k yer blue pound, f**k yer green pound and f**k Armageddon 2.  

Calm down mate, it’s just some c*** in his work talking shit

16 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Thanks for that completely unconvincing argument, you absolute loser. 

Are you trying to tell me that you think that if Celtic and Valencia were in for the same player and offering the same money more than 1% of players would plump for Celtic?

Also, you have the insults of a teenage girl.

6 hours ago, The OP said:

Are you trying to tell me that you think that if Celtic and Valencia were in for the same player and offering the same money more than 1% of players would plump for Celtic?

Also, you have the insults of a teenage girl.

What's to say I am not a teenage girl? Who even cares if I am or not?

Nice try - that wasn't the original point. You claimed that Celtic have to pay some kind of wage premium compared to other European teams. You don't have any evidence to prove this. 

Stop wasting my time and get back to wanking into a sock or some similar pathetic activity.

What's to say I am not a teenage girl? Who even cares if I am or not?
Nice try - that wasn't the original point. You claimed that Celtic have to pay some kind of wage premium compared to other European teams. You don't have any evidence to prove this. 
Stop wasting my time and get back to wanking into a sock or some similar pathetic activity.

It’s hardly the most far fetched concept to be honest.

Archived