Celtic in Europe 2018-19, the long and winding road

senorsoupe

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/01/2019 at 13:15, Flybhoy said:

Not 100% sure but I think they may even be running two buses from what SC was saying to me the other day on the phone, he already had about 50 names and Sweeney and co at least another 15.

Remember getting a bus from the shamrock bar in benidorm to Seville  in 2003.
Staying in torrevieja from the 17th to the 26th different options to get to Valencia,still need one ticket. 

1 hour ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

By coincidence, I will be in Valencia from 19th to 26th, so I think I'll pop along. Should I be able to pick up a ticket on the day? Is central Valencia likely to be a rebel fest for a couple of nights and best avoided by those who abhor such things?

Yes and yes. 

By coincidence, I will be in Valencia from 19th to 26th, so I think I'll pop along. Should I be able to pick up a ticket on the day? Is central Valencia likely to be a rebel fest for a couple of nights and best avoided by those who abhor such things?
Your not really thinking about going to match so stop talking pish

On 2/11/2019 at 00:23, wastecoatwilly said:

Are you saying Celtic have a chance?

Would say that with the pace Celtic have up front right now, they have a chance against most sides in the Europa League. Burke, Weah and Sinclair on the break are lightning quick. Should take a lot of pressure off the midfield and defence.

4 hours ago, Ross. said:

Would say that with the pace Celtic have up front right now, they have a chance against most sides in the Europa League. Burke, Weah and Sinclair on the break are lightning quick. Should take a lot of pressure off the midfield and defence.

First time I've seen a Spanish team playing 4-4-2,even thou they play at a higher level week in week out Celtic should be able to pick them off at home.
Another great night to look forward too,no penalty shoot out this time but hopefully the same outcome over 90 minute.

5 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

First time I've seen a Spanish team playing 4-4-2,even thou they play at a higher level week in week out Celtic should be able to pick them off at home.
Another great night to look forward too,no penalty shoot out this time but hopefully the same outcome over 90 minute.

I doubt we'll see a penalty shoot out on Thursday night in the first leg to be honest. 

Celtic are the kind of team who, out of nowhere and with little possession, could win 3-0 away against a team that isn't set up right and doesn't take them seriously. Nobody, including the very top clubs, takes a trip to Parkhead lightly though. My guess is Valencia will come to keep it tight. If they keep their shape and don't defend too high, they should have the ability to get away with a clean sheet, but 0-0 wouldn't be a bad result for Celtic. It should be an interesting game.

Archived