Celtic in Europe 2018-19, the long and winding road

senorsoupe

Good win for Celtic, and over the piece probably deserved it. Could have scored a few more in the first half, got lucky that Kampl missed two good chances at the end, but done enough to merit the 3 points.

McGregor, Christie and Rogic in midfield seems to work far better than it really should. Is there a way back into the team for Brown or Ntcham?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, accies1874 said:
11 hours ago, GordonS said:
Tavernier's only got 17 (1 sub), so a long way behind. No internationals for him. 17 for Goldson too. Alan McGregor's played 19, though obviously it's easier for a keeper. I think Morelos might be the most for Rangers, with 22.
I can't see how it would be possible for anyone in England to have racked up as many matches as those Celtic players, there might be a few more domestic matches for those outside the Premier League but no European games and fewer playing internationals. 

Didn't think of internationals. For some reason I thought Morelos had missed quite a few matches.

Not allowed to go to his work, Shirley?

Incredible result and fully deserved.  Outclassed them from the first whistle and they just couldn't live with the speed we played the game at.

Lights made all the difference £2m well spent.

Lustig can join Broonie at Wollabrawanga Wanderers :lol:

Just watching extended highlights from last night now.

Thought light show was decent but not a patch on Munich's one.

1st goal was great to see an academy player cross it for for another to score it.

Every player did their part but Sadly Lustig is done at this level, being played in practically every game doesn't help his recovery though.

Christie and  Rogic having the ability to draw in fouls all over the pitch is incredibly handy for us at this level to give us breathers. Shame we dont have a decent set piece taker in the first team to capitalise much on this. (Morgan and Griffiths are a cut above Mcgregor for me at it)

Edouard doesn’t have the ability to turn player like Dembele did but his link up with Sinclair for turning with one twos was good . I think he (Edouard) can frighten most defenders when running full tilt with the ball.

Given the onslaught we had to enure in the second half our centre back pairing looks finally very solid. Shame both are f*cking off in the Summer and we will be back to square one for the European qualifiers again. Will enjoy them for the time being though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived