Celtic in Europe 2018-19, the long and winding road

senorsoupe

1 minute ago, SEETHING said:

Ask yourself this: could you, I or any other P&B poster, fail to win the Scottish Premier League with Celtic's budget? 

Exactly what I was about to post

It is no coincidence that nobody has tried to lure him away from The JJ's

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Genuine question, is Brendan Rodgers just not a very good football manager? I've though this for a while, I'm a Newcastle supporter and when he was linked with us I was aghast. Whoever replaces Rafa I definitely would not want Rodgers - even if we go down.
I think he's OK. Probably a really good Championship manager and could fulfil expectations with most teams outside the top six in the Premier League.

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
7 minutes ago, Jarballs said:
Genuine question, is Brendan Rodgers just not a very good football manager? I've though this for a while, I'm a Newcastle supporter and when he was linked with us I was aghast. Whoever replaces Rafa I definitely would not want Rodgers - even if we go down.

I think he's OK. Probably a really good Championship manager and could fulfil expectations with most teams outside the top six in the Premier League.

Ah, you meant the English Championship!  I was just about to say, 'get him to feck, we'll keep Robbie.'

Rodgers' ability to create a formidable attacking team means that he can do well. He's not shit, but he's certainly far from great. It's been clear since before he went to Celtic that he's a bit of a disaster defensively and nothing has really swayed my view on that.

I'd agree with accies' assessment on him.

Rodgers' ability to create a formidable attacking team means that he can do well. He's not shit, but he's certainly far from great. It's been clear since before he went to Celtic that he's a bit of a disaster defensively and nothing has really swayed my view on that.
I'd agree with accies' assessment on him.

This is unusual.

43 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Romeo - all rivalries aside for a sec. What is the feeling amongst the support ? All that money and all you have left (after a few injuries) is a very good Premiership side. Must be very frustrating for you guys. Is there a sense that they will turn on Lawwell any time soon ?

European football's just a bonus.  Being the top team in Scotland is what were all about.

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

What an average looking team. I doubt Brendan would start with that starting 11 in a league game so he must be keeping his best players for Sunday.

It's weird that he's chucked a Euro game though. 

This.

He’s obviously keeping his best players for Sunday in the hope it’ll lead them to another domestic trophy, because deep down he knows Celtic can’t compete in Europe with clubs who may be on a similar budget, so their best chance of any success is to compete with clubs on a much lower budget .

It shows total lack of ambition , tactical know how and desire to succeed .

Just a shame it’ll all go tits up for him at the weekend 

Archived