Celtic in Europe 2018-19, the long and winding road

senorsoupe

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The result was better than the performance,Celtic are not playing to their strengths for me the system Brendan is playing is becoming very predictable with not enough creativity in the final third,5 clean sheets is the positive but for me the balance isn't right, brown is getting asked to do to much in the centre. 

Griffiths may have his limitations, but he's definitely your number one striker. Edouard looks, to me, like a £9m show pony. 

Very decent result to start the group though. Benkovic is a baller, no question.

Depends what you mean by shite,lost 2 games in 15 or 7 games without defeat, the search for perfection in performances continues.
Your perception is not reality.   
Naw he's right, yous are shite. 10 in a row is basically dead in the water.

Turgid performances and still not managed to reach the top of the league provide testimony to this.

20 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

4-4-2?  This is Brendan Rodgers not Mike Bassett lol.  In all seriousness I can't ever remember a Brendan Rodgers team playing 4-4-2, at least not with either Celtic or Liverpool

He tried out 2  up front with Dembele and French Eddie in pre season (although it was more often 3-5-2 than 4-4-2 iirc)  and we looked really good but both ended up getting injured at different times to try it competitively before Dembele f*cked off. Right now it looks  like both our current strikers struggle to play up front on their own effectively. Edouard could grow in to this role however if given the time where Rodgers seems prepared to do so but the fans are less patient. Im quite happy to mix it up between different games as the way we are playing right now is far too predictable.

22 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He tried out 2  up front with Dembele and French Eddie in pre season (although it was more often 3-5-2 than 4-4-2 iirc)  and we looked really good but both ended up getting injured at different times to try it competitively before Dembele f*cked off. Right now it looks  like both our current strikers struggle to play up front on their own effectively. Edouard could grow in to this role however if given the time where Rodgers seems prepared to do so but the fans are less patient. Im quite happy to mix it up between different games as the way we are playing right now is far too predictable.

It was definitely a 3-5-2 and not a 4-4-2 as the 3-5-2 is a formation Brendan has played in the past, often as a result of substitutions to change the shape up from a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

It was definitely a 3-5-2 and not a 4-4-2 as the 3-5-2 is a formation Brendan has played in the past, often as a result of substitutions to change the shape up from a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1

I think you guys are getting bogged down by systems and not what is best for the players,Brendan made a wee subtle change last night when sinclair came on and it worked for the last 20 minutes.

On 9/30/2018 at 17:57, The OP said:

Just checked the Austrian Bundesliga table, Red Bull on 27 points from 9 games, 24 goals for and 7 against. We're fucked. 

Aye, they are flying. I can see us taking a doing.

1 hour ago, Guts said:

Aye, they are flying. I can see us taking a doing.

I for one look forward to Sevco getting a draw at home to a team 18 points behind Salzburg after 9 games and this being held up as proof that Sevco are coming for us. 

3 hours ago, The OP said:

I for one look forward to Sevco getting a draw at home to a team 18 points behind Salzburg after 9 games and this being held up as proof that Sevco are coming for us. 

After the result on Thursday we could say we would win the league in Austria.

Archived